PDA

View Full Version : update on my doctor visit please read

Sweetberries
02-05-2003, 04:52 PM
as some of you know I had to reshedule my appointment, well went today and talked to the doctor about my depression and anxienty he put me on alprazolam but I can only take it until it runs out with it being a controlled substance which is 5 mg and he aslo put me on Celexa 20 mg he said Iam not getting enough sleep so the alprazolam should help I still have to get the Celexa filled at eckards the alprazolam cost me $15 but that was at family health centers I don't know how much the other one is going to set me back at eckards,the whole visit was $151.00 but I have an appointment to go back in so they can do a sliding scale on me so I can get that bill down some that's in a couple weeks then I have to go back in for another visit in 6 weeks the doctor is going to do a thyroid test, annemia test and a choletrol( Sp?)test on me I feel really good about everything I have a great feeling things are going to start going alot better for me and I 'll start feeling much better too so please pray for me or just keep me in your thoughts. if anyone has taken or does take any of the drugs please let me know your expierence tia :)

gobs101
02-05-2003, 04:53 PM
I pay $159 for celexa! OUTRAGEOUS!!

Sweetberries
02-05-2003, 04:55 PM
gobs101
are you on some kind of sliding scale,do you think I'll have to pay that how does it work for you ?

denisemm
02-05-2003, 06:02 PM
I don['t know about the medications, but I wanted to give you a big ol' hug!
[b]((((((((sweetberries))))))))
Here's hoping you're all "normal" (whatever that is, lol) soon!

siniej
02-05-2003, 06:05 PM
((((((sweetberries!!))))))) you are always in my thoughts and prayers hun, especially now! Keep your chin up and email me anytime! siniej1@iwon.com ((((((((((hugs again!!)))))))))))

Sweetberries
02-05-2003, 06:10 PM
thank you so much you everyone you are always in my thoughts too :)

ajksmom
02-05-2003, 07:38 PM
{{{{{sweetberries}}}}}, glad your visit went well, I hope that the meds work for you and your feeling great soon.

jcw
02-05-2003, 10:54 PM
hope the meds help and you get to feeling better.

janelle
02-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Hi Hon--I took alprazolam for a long time until a doc told me it will eventually cause liver damage. I would do as your doc says and not stay on it a long time. It will help you for the short term though and help you sleep. Acually it will make you sleepy until you get used to it.

The Celexa is a very good drug. One of the latest and better ones they have developed. Alprazolam only stays in your systemn for 6 hours where Celexa stays much longer. I think you will find you like it better anyway. Alprazolam is fast acting and I'm sure your doc wants you to start feeling better right away then the Celexa can take over from there. Alprazolam is also physically addicting so when you miss a dose you can feel really bad whereas Celexa doesn't have that side effect. I always knew when I missed taking alprazolam because I felt yucky but with Celexa I have to keep a pill box to remind me to take it. I like that much better.

With my insurance it costs me $10.00 for a months supply. Hope you have a good insurance plan or get the sliding scale.

I'm glad you are getting all the other tests. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse. You may want them to check for that. It can cause anxiety. it's not damgerous but makes your heart race. A good doc can listen to your heart and hear it but a sono of the heart would confirm it. the mitral valve is floppy and doesn't close tight so it allows the blood to flow backwards. Good luck on the tests and feel better soon.