PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help..Please

wubbywa
02-01-2003, 03:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows any companies that may donate items such as shampoos/cond., body sprays, deoderants, makeup items etc. I work with lower income special education students and we are going to be doing a section on hygine. Now some of these students really need help with this area. If we had donations then it wouldn't be as hard to explain to them that they have body odor, because we could just give the donations out and have them use them. I know some companies throw out expired products or ones that were not big sellers in the stores. I would be able to prove to any company what school I work with and anything could be sent right to the school. I was thinking bath and body works but I do not see an address to write to them. Any company willing to help would be greatly appreciated and the kids would enjoy getting "mail". Thank you

MistyWolf
02-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Why don't you try Proctor & Gamble or Colgate Palmolive companies. Here are some phone numbers and email address .. hope they help:

www.jergens.com or 1-800-742-8798, 1-800-743-8640 for Chesebrough-Ponds, www.colgate.com or 1-800-468-6502.

CYNDERELI
02-01-2003, 03:59 PM
johnson and johnson donated to easter seals... contact them

wubbywa
02-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Thank you you two. I really appreciate the help. I just dont want companies to think I want this stuff for myself. Some of these kids in my class I wish I could bring home with me they need so much love and attention.

shelhop
02-01-2003, 04:32 PM
If you're in Michigan, you must have a Meijer somewhere near by. Go to their service desk and ask for a donations request form. I'd alomst guarentee they'll help you out. They're usually pretty generous.

wubbywa
02-01-2003, 04:38 PM
WOW GREAT!!!! I have a Meijer's about 5 miles from me. I see your Jackson I am Monroe. Thanks for the help.

Ladytiger
02-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Target and Kmart does this kind of thing, so do the car dealerships around here (the big ones), they help the kids at Christmas time, call around and make a list of who you talk to, also talk to the managers.( I am sure you know that);)

MistyWolf
02-01-2003, 05:51 PM
I was also going to suggest going to your local grocery store to see if they will donate anything. You may want to try a local drug store as well (CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens).

If you call any of the major companies, you can tell them you have proof of how their donation is going to be used if they have any questions.

Danny
02-01-2003, 08:08 PM
My daughter's employer has gotten many donations from Johnson & Johnson and from Colgate Palmolive as well as Smith-Kline for charity drives they do for the homeless and abused women. They have been very generous.

jcw
02-01-2003, 11:45 PM
might try lipton I think that's what it's all called now. Used to be ragu .They make all kinds of soap and stuff. I know they have stores at their plants where employess can buy the stuff cheap and they give a lot of it to the employees. I know they give a lot of stuff to the food pantries and all

Gumball1960
02-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Walmart has donation programs too, I think. They're always advertising helping communities in the commercials.

wubbywa
02-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Thank you all of you. I will start checking into these companies and all the suggestions given. This really means a lot to me andI appreciate it very much.