PDA

View Full Version : Sleep disorders/apnea study!!!

jaybird
01-29-2003, 11:01 AM
My husband's primary physician has sent him. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! They called this morning to set up an evaluation appointment and the 'study' date at the lab. YAYYYYYYYYY!! They were asking questions about height, weight, etc. etc., and asked for an emergency contact #. I said, "Hmmm, let me see. He's not here, he's sleeping there. I will have a full night of uninterrupted sleep for the first time since last fall. Nope, can't have my number, but I'll give you his mother's phone number." :D :D :D My bad. Then they asked if he ever stopped breathing during his sleep. And I said only when I get the Hefty trash bag over his head or have my hands over his mouth and nose. Asked if I ever woke him in the middle of the night because he wasn't breathing. Said, nope, if he's not breathing, it means he isn't snoring and I take full advantage of that!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

YAYYYYYYYYY! He goes for his appointment on the 7th, and to spend the night at the sleep lab on the night of the 24th!!

I expect to get a full 5 or 6 hours of deep, sweet, uninterrupted sleep that night!

newwiccan
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
I knew this had to do with your husband!! Maybe sweet dreams are ahead. :D

Legion600
01-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Hopefully they can cure him. While the snoring is irritating, the apnea can be deadly as it causes damage to the heart. If they decide that surgery is necessary check all fo your other options then check them again. While the surgery can cure the snoring they are now finding that it may only be temporary and may make matters worse.
Oh, and for anyone else having a snoring spouse problem, check out the new breathe right throat spray. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it really cuts down on snoring (and bruising from when my wife kicks me)

chort1313
01-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Hopefully this wil help him. You could sleep in another room. My mom sleeps in my old bedroom because my dad snores.. LOUDLY!

jaybird
01-29-2003, 01:04 PM
We've used Breath Right strips, the Breath Right spray, Snore MD etc etc infinity. The only thing that really helps is the Hefty trash bag and duct tape, and he's not really fond of that! :D I have slept on the couch, downstairs in the family room, downstairs in the extra bedroom. I have slept, more nights than not lately, in the guest bedroom. With 2 doors closed between us AND a sound machine on. Doesn't begin to stifle the sound. It's become severely worse the last few months. It's a matter of life or death. HIS. I don't require much sleep, but I do need SOME. If I get an hour uninterrupted, it's a miracle. All I want is 5 hours of good sleep. Not asking so much. Maybe they'll KEEP him over there for a couple weeks for extensive evaluation? ;)

jaybird
01-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Yes. In the form of a coronary explosion when I totally lose it over the snoring! :D I can't remember the last time I got 8 hours sleep. In ONE day that is! ;)

jaybird
01-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
Hubby snores something AWFUL! I can't get him to ask his dr about one of the sleep studies.
I just told Chuckles NOT to come home from his doctor appointment last Friday unless he talked to him about it. He mentioned something to his doctor about snoring/wife/homicide all in one sentence, and the doctor said that he was a candidate for sleep apnea and made the appointment with the center. He has to stay the night (yippee) on the 24th. I'm making backup audio tapes to support my claims JUST in case he (for some unknown reason) doesn't snore, or doesn't snore LOUD enough that night. It's a standing joke now that I can't wait to get him out of the house for a fishing trip (yay, one week in March & one week in June) or for a weekend at the dragraces. I circle the dates in red on my calendar. Nope, don't miss him a bit while he's gone! It sounds awful, but unless you live with a chronic, severe snorer, you just have no idea. It takes me at LEAST an hour, usually 2, before I can fall asleep every night.

Fishy, explain to your husband that it's very dangerous for his health and yours and that he really should ask his physician about it. What can it hurt to ask? I know my husband's ribs and various body parts will thank me in the long run. (particularly when my knee accidently - oops - comes in contact with his groin instead of his leg) :D :D :D