PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made their own candles/business?

Lilpetie
01-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok I am thinking (mind you I said thinking( about making my own candles. I think this would be fun. Dont know about the business part of it yet tho. May be too many headaches involved. I dont even know where to get started. What wax to buy, scents, colors etc. What is the best wick. How do you get your candles to burn up all the wax. OHHHH I have so many questions. I dont want to make an inferior product. I would like to start out buy just doing friends and family and then maybe if I feel comfortable, selling at our local craft fairs. I dont want to do the online thing or get big. Just a small local business. But I have TONS of questions since I have never made a caandle. (WELL we did make an ice candle in Girl Scouts many many years ago LOL) CAN ANYONE HELP give me some tips or a site that tells all.......

chort1313
01-29-2003, 09:48 AM
There is someone here who does their own candle business, I think it was seawinds?? Please forgive me if that isn't the right name. She could probably help ya, though.

bloomingdasee
01-29-2003, 10:36 AM
do soy candles they burn ans smell so much better

Lilpetie
01-31-2003, 06:17 AM
just bumping this in case someone missed my question. It was buried wayyyy back and I still nees to ask some questions.

chort1313
01-31-2003, 06:39 AM
It was ********. I'm sorry.

chort1313
01-31-2003, 06:40 AM
Um, Try this, S*E*A*S*H*E*L*L*