PDA

View Full Version : does this kitty look comfortable to you?

corkster
01-29-2003, 08:22 AM
http://www.freakyanimals.com/pictures/0314.jpg

sheenajungle
01-29-2003, 08:30 AM
ohh not the red X kitty!!! aaagh!;)

chort1313
01-29-2003, 08:52 AM
I went to the web page and saw it. Looks a little cramped!

twinkiesmom
01-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by sheenajungle
ohh not the red X kitty!!! aaagh!;)

BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA!! omg.

janelle
01-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Get that poor kitty out of there and slap the person who did it in jail!!!!!

www.aspca.com

I believe they have an article about this on their site.

Hey Chort and all the others on this board who are animal lovers. Look at this and lets all complain to the freakyanimals site to take this off and report where they got it to the authorities. Am I seeing red--you bet!!!

MommyG3
01-29-2003, 09:13 AM
OKay, stupid question...I got the red "X" and I went to the site. Where exactly is it???

janelle
01-29-2003, 09:13 AM
http://www.aspca.org/site/FrameSet?style=Animal This is what it is, hope it shows so we can report them.

Here is where you report it. Now lets all do our duty. Geeshhttp://www.freakyanimals.com/pictures/0314.jpg

Ok. it's not showing up so you will need to go to the site to see it. I'll get the addy for you. they may not want it to go out so they blocked it. they should think before they post something like this but it does get it in front of the public to do something about it.

It's www.freakyanimals.com the only thing freaky is them!!!!

The one I'm talking about is the poor kitty squashed into a glass. They think this is funny. The ASPCA had an article on this. It's called bonsi kitty and it is cruel and inhumane!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nikkole
01-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Bonsi kitty was a hoax and fake not real, I only heard this so don't yell at me..

chort1313
01-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by janelle
Get that poor kitty out of there and slap the person who did it in jail!!!!!

www.aspca.com

I believe they have an article about this on their site.

Hey Chort and all the others on this board who are animal lovers. Look at this and lets all complain to the freakyanimals site to take this off and report where they got it to the authorities. Am I seeing red--you bet!!! I'm sure you read my other response. If I thought this truly warranted animal abuse, I would be ALL OVER it, janelle.

kelblend
01-29-2003, 09:51 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thamlet
01-29-2003, 10:21 AM
http://www.aspca.org/site/FrameSet?style=Animal This is what it is, hope it shows so we can report them.
Here is where you report it. Now lets all do our duty.

Forumsupport@bigbigsavings.com is where you shouldve reported this thread if you had a problem w/ the contents. I'm getting tired of following you around the boards locking threads because you have a problem w/ other posts. Enough already.

Willow
01-29-2003, 10:35 AM
I wasn't able to see the picture. If it was just a picture of a kitten in a cup I don't think the aspca is going to be able to do anything about it. That really doesn't sound like abuse. People take pictures of their animals doing funny things all the time. They have a show on Animal Planet where people send in their home videos of their animals in funny situations. Abuse is when you neglect your animal by not feeding it or getting it medical attention when it needs it.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Here ya go, Luna:

janelle
01-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm not saying I have a problem with this post, i'm glad it was brought to our attention. I want everyone to see it. It's not a kitty in a cup it's a kitty stuffed into a glass up to it's ears without a chance to move. Even it's mouth is covered. Am I the only one to see suffering in it's eyes? How does one get a kitten stuffed into a glass? They do it with a lot of shoving and squashing and hurting the animal. Please keep this post open. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE POST OR THE POSTER. I THINK THEY DID A GOOD THING POSTING IT.

Willow
01-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by chort1313
Here ya go, Luna:

Darn! It says I'm not authorized to view the page. :( Was it the picture of a kitten inside a tea cup? Someone sent me a funny picture of a kitten in a tea cup a while back. Maybe it's not the one if people are saying it was in a glass. Thanks for posting the link.

janelle
01-29-2003, 10:54 AM
No way is it a kitty in a tea cup it's a kitty litterally squashed into a glass without any chance to move. for how long it was in there is anyone's guess to get the picture. I don't freak out easily but this just makes me sick. :( :( :(

If you want to see it click right on your mouse then copy and paste. You haven't even looked at it so wait to make your mind up about it.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 10:58 AM
http://images.snapfish.com/3366%3A8%3B923232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D456%3D%3B 9%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E232336%3B68%3C792ot1lsi

janelle
01-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks Chort. My kitty looks just like this one and it really hurts my heart to see this.

Willow
01-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Okay I just saw the picture but I still don't think the aspca is going to track down the person that took the picture. Just my opinion.

janelle
01-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I read about bonsi kitty on the ASPCA web site so i do trust it. i'm crying about this. It's like yelling stop the abuse and no one is listening.

janelle
01-29-2003, 11:06 AM
I'm still reporting it. I think they can go to the people who own the site and find out all kinds of things. Thanks again Chort for helping abused animals. And especailly corkster.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:06 AM
It's not a kitty in a cup it's a kitty stuffed into a glass up to it's ears without a chance to move. Even it's mouth is covered. Am I the only one to see suffering in it's eyes? How does one get a kitten stuffed into a glass? They do it with a lot of shoving and squashing and hurting the animal. Please keep this post open. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE POST OR THE POSTER. I THINK THEY DID A GOOD THING POSTING IT.

No way is it a kitty in a tea cup it's a kitty litterally squashed into a glass without any chance to move. for how long it was in there is anyone's guess to get the picture. I don't freak out easily but this just makes me sick.

Janelle, are you going to do something about this if you are really upset? Write to freaky animals, tell them how you feel. I'm sure they want to post pictures of animal abuse. This is ridiculous!. How do you know that kitten was stuffed into that glass? I'm sure you know how small kittens are.. This is most likely a 12 oz beer glass. That's besides the point. I'm really sorry if you *EVER* see a REAL case of animal abuse. You will probably keel over----if this picture makes you that upset.Do you want to write to ASPCA and tell them that I took a picture of my Shih Tzu with a cig hanging out her mouth?

BeesKnees
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
janelle, if it is bothering you so much perhaps you ought to email them or something?????
Although I am reasonably sure that the aspca and peta and whoever else is probably up to their neck n legitmate abuse and neglect cases.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm still reporting it. I think they can go to the people who own the site and find out all kinds of things. Thanks again Chort for helping abused animals.

Good for you. If this tears you up that bad, you should report it. Do not sit back and do nothing. I see it every day and it makes me sick. Why do animal abusers get off? Because we let them. We do not say anything.

****Remember, I hardly find this abusive.*****

sunnydazed
01-29-2003, 11:08 AM
I couldn't even find the kitty on the freaky animals site. Which page is it under?

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Although I am reasonably sure that the aspca and peta and whoever else is probably up to their neck n legitmate abuse and neglect cases

AGREED.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sunnydazed
I couldn't even find the kitty on the freaky animals site. Which page is it under? I posted the picture in this thread, sunny.

janelle
01-29-2003, 11:13 AM
I did, I emailed this thread to the ASPCA so they could look at it. I'll leave it up to them about the abuse. I know this isn't as bad as most but do we let a parent smack a kid around at the store and look the other way because it not as bad as some parents tieing up their kids all night. i don't think so. Putting a cig in a dogs mouth is quite different.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:18 AM
I did, I emailed this thread to the ASPCA so they could look at it. I'll leave it up to them about the abuse. I know this isn't as bad as most but do we let a parent smack a kid around at the store and look the other way because it not as bad as some parents tieing up their kids all night. i don't think so. Putting a cig in a dogs mouth is quite different. I'm sure it'll be top priority for them. I didn't put the cig in my dog's mouth, she picked it up.. You're very good at assumptions.. or maybe just believe what you want to believe. Regardless, I'm glad you let ASPCA know.. now maybe you can get it off of your chest.
I know this isn't as bad as most Just do a search on the net. You will CRY the first picture you come across. If you REALLY want to help, start volunteering your time with these organizations who deal with abuse, if you haven't already. Are we done with this now?

Willow
01-29-2003, 11:20 AM
I've heard of all kinds of abuse cases such as the one where someone had barbecued a cat, one woman had burnt her dog with a stick that she lit on fire and all sorts of things. Those are the real abuse cases. If you want to see real animal abuse cases Animal Precinct and Animal Cops is on every Monday night. One dog had a 12 pound cyst hanging off of his face. Another dog had a deep gash in his neck because someone had tied rope tightly around his neck. There was even a dog that had to have a blood transfusion because it was infected with ticks. Now that stuff is disturbing.

sunnydazed
01-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Now I see the picture. Poor little guy. :(

janelle
01-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I do watch those shows. I think this is just the tip of it but still abuse. and I can only go by what you tell me. If your dog picked up the cig ok even if you put it into it's mouth I wouldn't consider it abuse. A lit cig close to the dog's eyes to give it pain? yes

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
I do watch those shows. I think this is just the tip of it but still abuse. and I can only go by what you tell me. If your dog picked up the cig ok even if you put it into it's mouth I wouldn't consider it abuse. A lit cig close to the dog's eyes to give it pain? yes HAHAHAHA IT'S WASN'T EVEN LIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh wait, I should have told you that. ):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess those shows really tear you up, then. I really can not imagine you watching one of those shows if this has torn you up so badly.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
A lit cig close to MY eyes gives me PAIN!

sheenajungle
01-29-2003, 11:41 AM
better lock ME up I tape my cats paws

IggysGirl
01-29-2003, 12:31 PM
better lock ME up I tape my cats paws

So do I! Taylor and Tabitha are so funny with 1 piece of tape on a paw!!

odyssey
01-29-2003, 12:34 PM
poor kitty some people have nothing better to do then stupid things by putting the kitty in the glass. :(

jayhawkfan
01-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I was thinking....when we first got Sookie she was so small that she fit in a glass like that. How do I know that???? She climbed in it head first and slid right down . Was I abusing her?? I dont think so.

Nikkole
01-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Bonsi Cat was a fake a hoax I was told this on my cat loves board...

chort1313
01-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by jayhawkfan
I was thinking....when we first got Sookie she was so small that she fit in a glass like that. How do I know that???? She climbed in it head first and slid right down . Was I abusing her?? I dont think so. That's what I was thinking.. that a kitten may fit in there.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 12:44 PM
better lock ME up I tape my cats paws Why are you being mean to you cats, Sheena?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

j/k!!! :D :D

irrelevant0
01-29-2003, 12:49 PM
i'm not trying to step on any toes, but i'm thinking the kitten was probably placed in the glass for a picture, then let out.

sheenajungle
01-29-2003, 12:58 PM
CHort I put a sock on his head once too it was funny!

chort1313
01-29-2003, 12:59 PM
CHort I put a sock on his head once too it was funny!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I can not believe you. :p :p

sheenajungle
01-29-2003, 01:02 PM
He kept walking backwards like that was going to make it come off HAHAHAHAHA

Thamlet
01-29-2003, 02:00 PM
I did, I emailed this thread to the ASPCA so they could look at it.

Good, I hope while theyre at BBS they enjoy some of our wonderful deals and great freebie offers. Not sure why you emailed the thread instead of sending the link to the site in question but then again I'm still not sure why you continue to reply. Evidently "enough already" didnt get the point across. If you feel strongly by all means do whatever you need to do but do it outside of this thread. I'm sick of the thread crapping. Please start your own thread in vent because youve taken this one over long enough.

MommyG3
01-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I'm dizzy

Mom2jal
01-29-2003, 02:14 PM
*Wonders if Thammy has called 911 at the sight of that ferocious kitten yet* :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p

Ghetto_Gurl
01-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mom2jal
*Wonders if Thammy has called 911 at the sight of that ferocious kitten yet* :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p

WAIT........

WHATS THE NUMBER TO 911??

jcw
01-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Ghetto girl you can call information and get the number

Ghetto_Gurl
01-29-2003, 02:26 PM
WHATS THE NUMBER FOR INFORMATION????

DAMMMMMMM ALL THESE NUMBERS!!!!!!

ROFLMAO

jcw
01-29-2003, 02:33 PM
duh my mind is a blank right now, maybe you could check in the phone book

ahippiechic
01-29-2003, 02:56 PM
My cat got her head stuck in a an instant creamer jar, LOL! She kept walking backwards, too, trying to get it off! It was cute! As far as the kitten in the glass, it doesn't look as thought it's in pain, uncomfortable maybe. hopefully they took it out after the pic was made.

socks1211
01-29-2003, 03:25 PM
i am saying one thing
that is not abuse i have seen worse

Willow
01-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Now that you mention it dashy I do think that cats and kittens like getting into small spaces. A few nights ago my son was playing with the long tubes that go to his basketball hoop that he has in his room. He was pushing his cars through them and using them like a tunnel. Our kitten, she's about 14 weeks, was actually trying to crawl inside the tube. There was no way she would of ever gotten more than her leg inside but it was funny to watch her try and get in it. lol

momof4inMi
01-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MommyG3
I'm dizzy

Meeeee too

:rolleyes: ;)

My kitty did that once he went head first into one of those insulated coffee mugs :o

Sweetberries
01-29-2003, 07:17 PM
omg!this really bothers me (the pic) where can I go to report this ?

chort1313
01-30-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by bubblychic
just a qucik remark on the dog with a cig in her mouth, my stepfather smokes and sometimes after he would finish smoking he would just leave his butts on the floor outside, so whenever we let our dog out in front ot play she would ALWAYS find one and pick it up in her mouth, she did look silly, a walking, smokin pit! lol:D That's how my Rascal was.. but with non-smoking ones!! My parents would always leave the butts outside and she would pick them up. If I had a working scanner, I would scan the pic and post it. It's so cute!

Sweetberries--If you feel you need to report this, I would just send them the pic and not this thread. :rolleyes: And write to freakyanimals and let them know how you feel.

Willow
01-30-2003, 07:27 AM
I seriously don't think the aspca is going to take the time to hunt down the person who took this pic. They have more important issues to deal with. It's just a picture. I'm sure the kitten was let out of the glass after the picture was taken.

chort1313
01-30-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Luna
I seriously don't think the aspca is going to take the time to hunt down the person who took this pic. They have more important issues to deal with. It's just a picture. I'm sure the kitten was let out of the glass after the picture was taken. Luna, I agree with you. If some people feel they must, (unlike me) they SHOULD do something about it instead of ranting about it here . Or just like anything else for that matter. If people feel strongly about a matter it doesn't help to rant about it, but do nothing about it. That is my point. I don't think this is cruelty! Have I said that enough!? :)

Willow
01-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by chort1313
Luna, I agree with you. If some people feel they must, (unlike me) they SHOULD do something about it instead of ranting about it here . Or just like anything else for that matter. If people feel strongly about a matter it doesn't help to rant about it, but do nothing about it. That is my point. I don't think this is cruelty! Have I said that enough!? :)

You're right chort, they should do something about it if they are bothered by it. I don't see where the kitten has been harmed. Yes, it may have been a little cramped but who's to say the kitten didn't get in the glass by itself. If someone put the kitten in the glass I'm sure it was let back out after the picture was taken and it didn't take up permanent residence inside the glass. lol The aspca is overwhelmed with actual abuse cases and don't have time to be bothered with hunting down someone who took a picture.

\