PDA

View Full Version : Yeah but then how long would it be before we used up all our oil and then--

janelle
01-28-2003, 10:27 PM
they would really have us over a barrel, no pun intended.

Subject: FWD: Buying Gasoline
> >
> >
> > >
> > >I thought this was very interesting.
> > >
> > > GASOLINE SOLUTION! We CAN buy gasoline that's not from Middle East.
Why
> > >didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even
> > >though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!
> > >
> > > The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.
> An
> > >interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the
> car,
> > >you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just
> buy
> > >from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
> > >
> > > Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I
fill-up
> the
> > >tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my
> family,
> > >and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which
> oil
> > >companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import
> > >Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01):
> > >
> > > Shell............................205,742,000 barrels
> > > Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
> > > Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels
> > > Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels
> > > Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels
> > >
> > > If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18
> > >BILLION!
> > >
> > > Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
> > >
> > > Citgo....................0 barrels
> > > Sunoco............. ..0 barrels
> > > Conoco............. ..0 barrels
> > > Sinclair............... 0 barrels
> > > BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
> > > Hess...................0 barrels
> > >
> > > All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and
> > >each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they
are
> > >importing.They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car;
> share
> > >it with
> > > friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............
> > >
> > > But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas
> buyers.
> > >It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep
> reading
> > >and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
> > >
> > > I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to
> at
> > >least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten
> more
> > >(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the
> sixth
> > >generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers!
> If
> > >those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
> then
> > >30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further,
> > >you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have
> to
> > >do is send this to 10 people. How much would all that take? If each of
us
> > >sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day all 300 MILLION
> > >people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!
> > >
> > >Lisa Jebb
> > >Vice President of Sales
> > >ME Productions
> > >(800) 544-0033 x 135
> > >(954) 458-4003 Fax
> >
> > Jamie Dinnerstein-Freedman
> > Sales Manager Premiums and Specialties
> > ME Productions
> > 2000 SW 30th Ave.
> > Pembroke Park, FL 33009
> > 954-458-4000 X137
> > 954-458-4003
> > www.logomall.com/meproductions
> >
> >

Legion600
01-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by janelle
they would really have us over a barrel, no pun intended.

Subject: FWD: Buying Gasoline
I thought this was very interesting.
GASOLINE SOLUTION! We CAN buy gasoline that's not from Middle East.
Why didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

Actually that was the 70s

[/QUOTE] The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01):

Shell............................205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels
Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Citgo....................0 barrels
Sunoco............. ..0 barrels
Conoco............. ..0 barrels
Sinclair............... 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
Hess...................0 barrels
All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............[/QUOTE]

CITGO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the national oil company of Venezuela, so naturally most of its crude oil comes from there. However, in February 2002 CITGO also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:
Iraq: 1,342,000 barrels
Kuwait: 437,000 barrels
Conoco imports primarily from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada, and not from Middle Eastern countries. However, they are planning to merge with Phillips, which does import from Middle Eastern countries (see below).
BP imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 BP North America also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:
Iraq: 470,000 barrels
Kuwait: 415,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 2,123,000 barrels
Algeria: 3,853,000 barrels
Phillips also imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 Phillips imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:
Iraq: 717,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 1,100,000 barrels
Sinclair imports from Canada, not the Middle East.
Sunoco imports primarily from Canada, Angola, and Nigeria, not Middle Eastern countries.

[/QUOTE] I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Lisa Jebb
Jamie Dinnerstein-Freedman
> > [/QUOTE]

The 300 million people can have this piece of SPAM in their inbox? WOOHOO!
For where i got this info go here:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm

chort1313
01-29-2003, 06:20 AM
Thanks, Legion.

janelle
01-29-2003, 09:02 AM
So everytime we fill up our tank we are giving money to the Arabs in the Middle East? So what do we do? Go back to walking?

With the "you are contributing to terriorism" campaign for the gas guzzler cars aren't all of us doing it in our own way? Don't think there is a solution.

MrsSpeed
01-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Legion600
Sinclair imports from Canada, not the Middle East.
Sunoco imports primarily from Canada, Angola, and Nigeria, not Middle Eastern countries.

I think we'll be buying our gas there from now on. Thanks Legion.

chort1313
01-29-2003, 09:17 AM
People these days...OMFG!

I heard you, loud and clear.

jayhawkfan
01-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by janelle

With the "you are contributing to terriorism" campaign for the gas guzzler cars aren't all of us doing it in our own way? Don't think there is a solution.

This is the one that pi$$es me off. I dont take well to being told I support terrorism because I drive an SUV. That one and the What would Jesus drive one really chap my hide. :mad:

jcw
01-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Me too jayhawkfan. I own a suv because I like it and when we go on trips it has room for everything we take with us. I don't think that makes me a terrorist supporter, think it just makes me a comfortable traveler.

miccit
01-29-2003, 11:08 AM
I read in the paper not too long ago that only 2% of our oil comes from the Middle East. I am not sure where all the rest of it comes from. I know some of it comes from within the United States. So, it isn't like we are dependent upon them for our oil, but a lot of our allies are.

Lasher
01-29-2003, 11:11 AM
He proposed congress spend 6 billion dollars in research to make hydrogen powered cars last night.

When hydrogen reacts with oxygen it produces energy that could power a car, and the only by-product is water.

Blackerose
01-29-2003, 12:05 PM
I usually buy my gas at Hess because it's close by and cheaper, will buy there exclusively now.

Legion600
01-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention the whole terrorist thing. It's really stupid. The whole mentality that "everybody in the middle east hates us" or "everybody in the middle east supports terroism" is absurd. But for those of you that worry you might be supporting terrorism here's a few things to consider:
The Irish Republican Army receives 75% of its support from Irish American Catholics. So don't patronize any business that is owned by Irish Americans because YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM.
The Central Intelligence Agency funneled money to Afghani freedom fighters during the 1980s to aid them in their fight against the Soviet Union. One of these people was Osama bin Laden. So don't support the CIA because YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM.
The above incident was done while Ronald Reagan was in office so don't support the Republican party because YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM.

Does all that sound really absurd? I hope so.

jayhawkfan
01-29-2003, 01:56 PM
I didnt say I thought I was supporting terroism....I said I dont like being told I am when Im not :) You have some great info Legion!

odyssey
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
jayhawkfan
This is the one that pi$$es me off. I dont take well to being told I support terrorism because I drive an SUV. That one and the What would Jesus drive one really chap my hide.

Jesus would drive an accord. :) j.k with you.
-----------------------------------------------
OK-- the nutty commericals that were shown here in Southern California about "George" gasing up his car and it gives the money to Terriost was crap.
THe women behind the idea and commerical DRIVES an SUV. She turned in her gas guzzler for a smaller Lexus SUV. DUH if she wanted to make herself the hero she should gotton either a Ford Fiesta that uses barely gas or an electric car.

BeesKnees
01-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Jesus was a carpenter
He would drive a pick- up!!! ;)

odyssey
01-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Jesus was in one accord (can't find the verse right now)
he he :)

ahippiechic
01-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BeesKnees
Jesus was a carpenter
He would drive a pick- up!!! ;)

Taken from a Chevy Truck site:

What kind of car did Jesus drive?

He must have driven a Ford.
Because he walked everywhere he went.

scifiwoman
01-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Legion600

The Central Intelligence Agency funneled money to Afghani freedom fighters during the 1980s to aid them in their fight against the Soviet Union. One of these people was Osama bin Laden. So don't support the CIA because YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM.
The above incident was done while Ronald Reagan was in office so don't support the Republican party because YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM.

Sounds reasonable to me.. :D lol

Legion600
01-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh, forgot this one. Don't by any diamonds, tanzanite, alexandrite, or any other precious stones for that matter because (say it with me class) YOU MIGHT BE SUPPORTING TERRORISM!

oops, now i have to return the diamond pendant i bought my wife for our anniversary. (that would be a real war)

momof4inMi
01-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by baby_froggy_69
There's nothing wrong with ALL the ARABS in the Middle East ! Sheesh!

There are terrorists in the Middle East, YES, but NOT ALL "Arabs" are terrorists! Yes, these kinds of comments are the ones that annoy the crap outta me because I have TONS of friends that are Middele Eastern descent and they have families that are still over there! ...OMFG!

Took the words right out of my mouth :) i couldnt agree more and for what its worth my bil whom i'll adore forever is ARAB :D im proud to say that also hes the best man i've ever met married to my sister for 13 yrs n 2 beautiful girls his "decent" could never make me feel ugly towards him ;)