PDA

View Full Version : I Got Through It!

shelhop
01-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I had the much dreaded EMG this morning. Thanks to all of you for warning me ahead of time that it was not going to be a pleasant experience. I'm one of those people that would rather know in advance than be surprised. The jolts were uncomfortable, but not really painful in most cases. Even the needles weren't too bad, until they got to the bottoms of my feet, and the palms of my hands. That must be some sort of torture. But I am so glad tonight that it's over with, and I wanted to tell you all thanks again for the heads up.

ajksmom
01-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Glad you made it through alright.

moonbeam79
01-28-2003, 09:28 PM
I had an EMG last year...IT SUCKED! They mainly conducted the test on my right arm. It hurt really bad when the guy stuck the needle in my hand...I almost hit the roof! I am glad you made it through the test! I almost punched the guy conducting mine. heheee

JoanieV2
01-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Glad you got thru yours okay. I have one scheduled for Friday morning. I'm not looking forward to it at all, but it has to be done.

adair
01-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Glad to see that you "survived" it all. Did your DR give you any information as to what the EMG was telling?

shelhop
01-29-2003, 02:28 AM
adair...
Apparently, this test showed where demylination occurred. It confirmed the suspicion (along with the MRI) that I have MS. Not the answers I wanted, but it explains a lot of things. In that sense it's a relief to at least give it a name.