PDA

View Full Version : My dog is acting bizarre!!!

janarocker
01-26-2003, 06:43 PM
My dog is a year and a half female choc. lab/boxer/pit mix. Recently she's taken to coming up to me with really strange expression, grabbing my leg and humping it.

I'll tell her NO! and she'll stop and then come back to do it again 5 mins. later.

Suddenly she's taken to chewing as well. What I can't figure out is that nothing in our life has changed, same routine, and it's really obnoxious-the recliner, the rmote control, CDs, etc.

Any advice?

sharinbo
01-26-2003, 07:15 PM
At a year and a half, she is probably coming into maturity. She will try to test the rules, and see what she can get away with. Humping your leg is most likely her trying to be dominant over you. The chewing is probably something similar. Is she spayed? Either way, when she does the humpy stuff try not only telling her NO but making her lie down, or sit, and giving her her own toy or chewie.

sheenajungle
01-26-2003, 08:32 PM
HAHAHAHA! :)

Sorry I have three miniature dachshunds- 2 F's 1 M

My Female that has not been fixed yet humps the dogs- and the CAT!
I totally understand- she is either going to heat or trying to show dominance! :p Perfectly normal-:)

newwiccan
01-26-2003, 08:41 PM
I have a mini dachshund too. I'm soooo glad he only does that to his "lovey". (And occasionally the couch pillows!!!)

jadegentle
01-26-2003, 08:41 PM
I bet the expression means "If I do it, I get a whuppin', I do'ed it" lmao!!