PDA

View Full Version : Lacey Peterson

Hillbilly
01-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Did anyone see the press confrence with her family today? It was so sad.Her sister tried to speak and was overcome with emotion and had to stop.Her brother spoke and so did her mother and it was heartbreaking.Her brother said Scott Peterson finally admitted to him during a phone conversation,that he was having an affair.This was a few days ago and now he has stopped all contact with Lacey's family.Also,pictures of Scott and the other woman have now surfaced. I feel so sad for Lacey and her family.If Scott Peterson killed her,and I think he did,can you imagine the terror poor Laceey was feeling? Her own husband killing her and their baby! :( I hope there is a break in this case and justice served and soon.

Princess4J
01-24-2003, 04:40 PM
I THINK HE DID IT.
I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER FAMILY.

THAT POOR WOMAN.
I SHUDDER TO THINK ABOUT
WHAT SHE AND THE BABY WENT THROUGH.:(

MrsSpeed
01-24-2003, 05:25 PM
I think he did it too. I can just see it on his face that he would be capable of something like that. :(

I just wish they would find her. Either way.

dream walker 2
01-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Don't know what you all are talking about. Sounds awful. Would like to know more.

sandytrap
01-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I want to know too...

suziebee20
01-24-2003, 07:17 PM
I know, it's so awful that someone would do something like that. I think it's the husband also... why do people have to be so sick?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/01/24/missing.woman/index.html
More info

blueyez37811
01-24-2003, 07:17 PM
It was sad...Her sister couldn't even read her statement. The Modesto PD is having a press conference at 9:30 pm est. I hoped he didn't do anything to her but I think he did. It's so sad...

For those of you that don't know whats going on, here is the link to the story: http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/01/24/missing.woman/index.html

blusie
01-24-2003, 07:31 PM
I didn't see the press conference, but I had heard a few days ago that he was having an affair and also that he took out a $250,000 life insurance policy on her last summer. I'm sure he's guilty. I still hope they find her alive, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

Here's a link to a web site they set up for her.

http://www.lacipeterson.com/

Angelmom
01-24-2003, 08:05 PM
I really hope they found out something soon, the waiting must be killing the family and I can't imagine how it feels to be hoping for good news but it just doesn't seem that is what's going to come out of this

DBackFan
01-24-2003, 08:24 PM
At the press conference THE GIRLFRIEND spoke! She apologized to the family. Wow....now what does he do to get out of it? :rolleyes:

flute
01-24-2003, 08:36 PM
OMG she's 8 months pregnant too :(

Maeryn
01-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Even if he wasn't involving in killing her, he's still a worthless piece of SH*T!!

MistyWolf
01-24-2003, 10:21 PM
I think he is as guilty as sin! I am just about to read the story on how he admitted to having a girlfriend.

I am just praying that Lacy and her baby are alive but it looks bleaker and bleaker with each day that passes and she isn't found.

Here is a copy of the article I just read:

"Missing woman's family speaks

The family of Laci Peterson read two statements at a news conference Friday afternoon, one month after she disappeared from her Modesto home.

It was the first time her family has talked to the media since last week's revelation that police had showed them pictures of Scott Peterson, Laci's husband, with another woman.

Brent Rocha, Laci Peterson's brother, said that her husband, Scott, acknowledged an affair with a Fresno, California, woman during a January 16 telephone conversation.

Rocha said that Laci's family "trusted him and stood by him in the days after my sister's disappearance" but that now the family no longer supports him.

Laci's mother, Sharon Rocha, pleaded for anyone with information about her daughter's disappearance to contact Modesto police.

The Modesto Police Department has called a press conference for 6:30 p.m. (9:30 p.m. EST). Last week, authorities said they wouldn't hold any more news conferences until there was a major development in the case.

The family has not said whether they believe he was involved in her disappearance. Modesto police have not named Scott Peterson a suspect in the disappearance, but they have said they have not ruled anyone out.

In public, Scott Peterson has called allegations that he was having an affair "a bunch of lies."

Laci Peterson was seven-and-a-half months pregnant when she was reported missing by her husband on Christmas Eve and due to give birth to a baby boy on February 10.

Scott Peterson said he last saw his wife that morning when he left to go on a solo fishing trip and that she was gone when he got back that evening.

He said his wife told him that she intended to walk their golden retriever in a nearby park and then shop for that evening's dinner."

KrystallizedFlame
01-24-2003, 11:20 PM
This is very sad. Laci disappeared about 1 mile from my house. :(

Here is the link on the girlfriend: http://www.modbee.com/

More info on Laci Peterson: http://www.modbee.com/reports/laci/

denisemm
01-25-2003, 12:48 AM
OMG! So she has either had the baby, or is about to have the baby any minute now. That's if she's still alive. I hope that she is alive & ok & the baby is too! How horrible!

mesue
01-25-2003, 04:14 AM
I've been following this story too and cried when I saw the family on tv tonight. I swear though when you think about all the people in this world wanting a baby and willing to pay for one its scary to think that someone could have actually taken her to keep her and take the baby when it comes to sell it. So even though he looks guilty as sin he might not be since this is the first thought that crossed my mind of why someone might abduct a pregnant woman and of course there is also the idea of some crazy stalker.

jademyst13
01-25-2003, 06:52 AM
*this statement is assuming it was the husband* Why in the world is it 'necessary' to kill someone you don't want to be with. He couldn't just leave her, even walked out without ever saying why. He had to know that he would get caught eventually in all his lies.

I really hope they find her either way, it would help the family to heal.

Lisa03
01-25-2003, 07:07 AM
that turd!

he lied about the affair
who knows what else he has lied about it

funny how he took out that much insurance

sounds like he is GUILTY as heck!

I have a bad feeling that she & her child are dead
( I hope I am wrong)

If he did it or whoever, I hope they fry!!
:mad:

Hillbilly
01-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jademyst13
*this statement is assuming it was the husband* Why in the world is it 'necessary' to kill someone you don't want to be with. He couldn't just leave her, even walked out without ever saying why. He had to know that he would get caught eventually in all his lies.

I really hope they find her either way, it would help the family to heal.
Evidently the $250.000 life insurance that he took out on her a few months ago could be one reason he might have wanted her dead.I have no idea what would push someone to do such a terrible thing.I know the saying is innocent until proven guilty,but I think he is guilty as can be.He comes accross as being a arrogant azzhole.:rolleyes:

Blackerose
01-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I thought that he produced a receipt that showed he was really out fishing that day? Maybe he did it or maybe he didn't. An affair does not always mean murder. And how about Gary Condit; everyone was so sure he murdered Chandra Levy. True he had an affair with her and he was secretive. But he did not kill her and his career was ruined because of all the media frenzy. This was a topic of discussion in one of my classes this past week.

heartlvrs
01-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Thank you Marinafk....so true....ASSume....hmmmm

Lisa03
01-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Did they ever find out who killed Chandra Levy?

Missysmom
01-25-2003, 06:01 PM
See Laci's story on
America's Most Wanted

This Saturday, January 25th
9pm ET, MT & PT; 8pm CT
on the FOX TV Network
(Check your local listings)

Hillbilly
01-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Just because he had a receipt from fishing does'nt mean he could'nt have killed her.Some people are saying he could have killed her the night before his big fishing trip.It is very well true that he might be innocent,but he sure has alot to explain.Why does'nt he just take the polygraph test? Why did he cut all ties with his missing and pregnant wife's family? Heck,they were fully supporting him.The website www.lacipeterson.com is a good one to go to.It tells the whole story,from the start to the current status.It is operated by the hubby of one of Laci's best friends.
This case is like others(Ramsey's,Levy's)and we all have our opinions and theories,ASSuming or not.I myself think Scott Peterson knows where his wife is.
Gary Condit...I still think he was involed in the death of Chandra.:eek: No Lisa03,they have yet to find her killer.

Lisa03
01-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks Hillbilly for the answer. This whole thing is so tragic. Lacey was pregnant for goodness sake with his child! Oh I could strangle him myself, lol

Blackerose
01-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Taking a polygraph test and passing will not rule you out as a suspect. Results are not admissible in court and they are not 100% accurate. You can be very nervous and be telling the truth and fail and you can be a very good liar and still pass.

cpbaby
01-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Lisa03
Did they ever find out who killed Chandra Levy?

They found her remains in the park, but as far as I know, never found a killer.

This whole case with Laci is so heartbreaking. I cant see why he wouldve killed her. What I mean is, well, why he SHOULDVE killed her. Leaving her wouldve been so much better, except he wouldnt have gotten any life insurance and wouldve had to paid child support.

I hope they find her soon, but its not looking good. :(

odyssey
01-25-2003, 07:52 PM
very saddening.
THis whole case is disgusting. martial affair, lies, life insurance. the break in at the home last week, I wish they would find her and if she is not alive at least be able to bury the baby.