PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of Cheap Easy Recipies for a Superbowl Party?

MrsManxieCat
01-23-2003, 12:09 AM
Ok my hubby asked me if we could have a superbowl party and I said sure why not. I was going to make a few dips and serve chips until I found out we have about 15-20 comming! Does anyone know of some things that I can make that are cheap fast and easy as snacks? Any help is appreciated!

azrocky
01-23-2003, 05:58 AM
Hi I have made a big pot of chili before when we have had superbowl parties at our house, and I also have made a big pot of potatoe cheese soup.
If you really want to cut down on clean up activities after its all over then you could have the frito scoops right next to the pot of chili, my hubby will not eat chili anymore unless we have scoops to go with, we use the scoops for a spoon. I have also kept the chili warm after its done cooking in a crock pot.

Have fun

azrocky1999

nooshu
01-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Pizza Hut

LOL!

I love making a seven-layer dip, nachos, potato skins. I bread chicken breast chunks in crushed corn flakes seasoned with garlic powder, cayenne and salt and pepper and deep fry them, serving with a honey-mustard dip and a hot sauce. Making up a bunch of grinders and serving them in pieces is easy, too.

BeesKnees
01-23-2003, 08:40 AM
This is an awesome dip/spread if you like onions. It is usually gone in about 5 minutes when I serve it, but my husbands friends are gluttons. Usually I double it and if you cannot find Vidalias (out of season :( ) any onion will do.

Vidalia Onion Spread

1 Cup coarsley chopped Vidalia onions
1 Cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese - mild, medium,sharp - up to you
Paprika

Combine onions, mayo, and cheese. Pour into a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Blot with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot with Triscuits, or other cracker favorite of your choice. Yield: 6-8 servings

DOOFIS
01-23-2003, 08:54 AM
We make that vidalia onion spread too but we just call it hot cheese dip and serve it with bugles.

anyways if they are beer drinkers this is a good one.

1 can of beer
1 jar of cheese wiz(or any soft cheese like that)
1 big round bread(any kind)

Hollow out the bread to make a bread bowl. Mix beer and cheese and pour into bread and bake at 325 for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is sort of bubbling and bread gets crusty. Make sure you cut up the bread you took out of the bread bowl and cut it into chunks and heat that too. Use the chunks of bread to dip in the cheese.

I made this for my cousins house one night and it was gone in about 20 minutes. Even the whole bread bowl was gone.

jademyst13
01-23-2003, 09:35 AM
LOL DOOFIS I thought you just handed each item to the guy.

*Munch on bread, squeeze cheese into mouth wash down with beer* LOL:p

Jolie Rouge
01-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Chips and Salsa
Potato Skins
Veggie Tray, served with Ranch/Herb Dip
Sloppy Joes
Chicken Fingers
Franks in a Blanket
Homemade Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Water, pop, juice and beer

- If you alter the menu, try to stick with finger foods. This allows for easy setup, eating and cleanup.

kt
01-23-2003, 03:43 PM
How about pizza dip?

package of cream cheese
about 1/2 tblspn italian seasoning
1 pkg 3 cup cheddar/mozzarella mix cheese
some onion and about 1/4 of a green pepper
pizza quick sauce

soften then mix cream cheese and italian seasoning together and spread it into a shallow microwavable bowl (we use a Pampered Chef pie plate(stone) I think it is called.)

put 1/2 jar of sauce on top spread then put 1/2 package cheese on top and spread then other 1/2 jar sauce then rest of cheese. chop a little onion and green pepper and put on top.

then microwave until hot about 4-5 minutes I think.

Dip with tortilla chips

I am going by memory so sorry if not as exact as you would like.
Besides I am a guy I am lucky I remember this much! :D

My wife makes this all the time and it is always a hit.

2chevys
01-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Why do you have to cook everything? I'd tell everyone it was potluck and have them bring their favorite appetizer and 6 pack/soda.

If you do have to feed lots of people make soup and have crackers and garlic bread.

My favorite dip is what's called Men Love It. All it is :

8 oz. cream cheeze spread onto a microwaveable pie dish
Top with 1 can of chili-no beans and jack cheese. Heat until warm.
Serve with tortilla chips.

eeigh33
01-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Also, go to the dollar store and get paper plates/bowl and plasticware. I got a 75 piece plastic ware today at Deals for a buck. It might be cheaper for everyone to go in on a half keg too, instead of buying cases of beer, that is if you are having adult beverages. I would definitely do the chili, rotel dip, regular chips and dip, pretzels, nuts....

Tyt Budget
01-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Excuse me please, what is "Superbowl"?

heh heh.

the fugative
01-23-2003, 09:15 PM
I'll post some in Kais thread for you :p

flute
01-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Ohh her'es mr food's recipe :)
http://www.kmov.com/recipes/mrfood/kmov_recipes_mrfood_030108.2448549.html

Santa Fe Wings

1 package (5 pounds) frozen split chicken wings
1 cup hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder

Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Place the chicken wings on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until cooked and crisp, turning halfway through the cooking.

3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and microwave on high power for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted. Mix well, then add the wings and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.

MY recipe for chicken (breast, preferable)

take some ranch dressing & tabasco sauce, dip the chicken into this mixture YUM YUM :)

Shancopp
01-23-2003, 09:46 PM
3 of my faves...

Chili Cheese dip.......

Canned Chili
Velveeta (in cubes)
Toss velveeta in the chili, microwave, stir well..serve with corn chips!

Chip Beef Cheese Ball...

1 package cream cheese
2 packages sliced beef (Buddig type)
1/2 onion diced fine
Worchtesire sauce

chop beef and onion, add to cream cheese....splash in some Worchtesire sauce (3 or 4 tablespoons). Mix well....chill if possible.. Form into a ball. Yummy!!! Serve with any type crackers.

Cocktail weenies...

Lil Smokies
1 can chili sauce
1 small jar grape jelly
Put everything in the crock pot or stove top pan...simmer until jelly and chili sauce melt together...stir well...keep on low heat