PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone getting prepared?

janelle
01-22-2003, 11:46 AM
For the bone chilling weather and protecting their pets? Help your little fur people with this nasty weather coming in. They need extra shelter too.:(

Gumball1960
01-22-2003, 11:49 AM
We're under a Wind Chill Advisory here but I still have to go out today & do shopping. :( No pets at my house, just me & my little girl.

Jaidness
01-22-2003, 11:53 AM
its been like this for a week now here...it's -21 in my town right now...thats warm compared to nighttime!I make my doggies wear their sweatshirts when they go outside hehehe

cpbaby
01-22-2003, 06:05 PM
We fixed a place for my MIL's dog in the corner of her carport, so the wind couldnt get into the doghouse. The crazy dog dragged her bed out to the edge of the carport.

I hope she gets in the house when it gets so cold tonight.

DreamWarrior
01-22-2003, 06:30 PM
This is what the weather channel said for MY area tonight....

...WIND CHILL WARNING TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...

EXPECT WIND CHILL VALUES OF 30 TO 40 DEGREES BELOW ZERO TONIGHT. VALUES IN THIS RANGE INDICATE FROSTBITE CAN OCCUR ON EXPOSED SKIN IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS. THE DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS WILL LAST THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.

ajksmom
01-22-2003, 07:09 PM
It is cold here too...wind chill tonight supposed to be -10. It's snowing also supposed to get 1-3 inches. I don't have any outdoor pets, there is a stray kitty outside that I feed, I went to look for it to bring it onto our closed in back porch but couldn't find it. It will go into our basement through a broken window...he can sit near the furnace he'll be warm.

HOPE EVERYBODY STAYS WARM...I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!

flute
01-22-2003, 07:12 PM
you know I could put a blanket out in our dog's doghouse, but she'd just rip it to shreads, & then I'd have shredded blankie out in my back yard. :rolleyes: now bash me away, please do ;)

sharinbo
01-22-2003, 08:03 PM
No bashing...have you tried straw bedding? Or, if nothing else, you can pick up some "throw away" blankies from a thrift shop. Then whatever gets shredded, at least it won't be a "good" blankie. I have a couple of blankie shredders myslef, but mine are all indoors. Whatever you do, stay warm, hun! :)

flute
01-22-2003, 08:31 PM
well the dog house once upon a time had straw in it, she yanked it out :o

peacestar
01-22-2003, 10:48 PM
We have a kennel carrier in our house at night for our puppy to sleep in. If shes not in it, she will have an accident on the floor. My 2 cats feel violated and try to run in my bedroom every time I open the door now. I let them sleep in there last night but they kept me up all night from running around all over.

Gumball1960
01-23-2003, 01:37 AM
The current temp here is 3 degrees. The wind chill is -12 right now. I was going to take the trash out to the curb but it's just TOO DANGED COLD OUT THERE!! Next week will have a double load. :)