PDA

View Full Version : Help brushing a toddler's hair....

rugratsX2
01-21-2003, 02:29 PM
My 3 year old has thick hair down past her butt. I have started keeping it in a braid to avoid snarls, but she still has a fit when I have to brush it out. Just today she was screaming "NO mommy, don't DO this to me! Why, mommy, WHY???" (Yes, she is going to be on soap operas :rolleyes: ) Anyway, can anyone recommend a type of brush or comb that will make things go a little easier???

Widgetsx3
01-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Joico detangler! My DD has really long thin hair and this works wonders!

odyssey
01-21-2003, 02:34 PM
I use the Loreal Hair detangler.
and conditioner on my daughters hair since she was 2. Her hair is long brown and rather thick too. These two things will help with in a week of using together.

chort1313
01-21-2003, 02:36 PM
I have Long, thick hair. I use a paddle brush with equate hair detangler. I also hold my hair at the base of my head tightly, so it doesn't hurt that much when I brush my hair.

justbeachy
01-21-2003, 02:40 PM
I have long, thick, curly hair and the only thing that works for me is a pick or wide tooth comb. I use it on my two year old neice also and she doesn't complain at all the way she does when her mommy uses a brush also cuts down on the split ends. Start at the bottom and work your way up, tangles don't hurt as much. Good luck.

annie169
01-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by honeybear39429
if you find out let me know too....my dots hair is short but they scream and yell and cry...too much drama...lol

All I have to do is show my just turned 3 yo dot the brush and she starts to cry!! Really!! It is SUCH an issue!! My hubby thought she was hurt really bad til he saw the brush in my hand and her hair in the other hand!! I was so excited to have a dot so I could do her hair cute and she hates the brush. WAHHHHHH!!!:(

meema
01-21-2003, 08:00 PM
oh my, when my oldest daughter was small we lived in an apartment. i was sure someone would call on me one day, she would scream and cry when i did her hair. long and curly beautiful hair.try useing a wide tooth comb in the shower with the conditioner too. and good luck!! now she combs it herself. ;)