PDA

View Full Version : question about Celexa

Lora_1994
01-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Has anyone ever taken Celexa?? the dr put my on 20mg daily for mixed anxiety and depression. How did it work for you?? I need something thats going to snap me outta this chit im in. My husband and kids are going to disown me if I dont. Last monday I was picking up the house and just out of nowhere, I flipped out, screaming and hollering that Im sick of being the only one that does anything around the house,(which Im not) and just any little thing i could think of. It lasted about an hour and I was fine after my crying bit.
I called the dr and was in there a couple of days later.

So I was just wondering how well it works. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Lora

Willow
01-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I was on it but I didn't like how it made me feel. I felt like I had the flu the whole time I was taking it. I'm on Zoloft and Welbutrin now and they seem to be working well.

Lora_1994
01-16-2003, 10:29 AM
how long did it take you to actually see that it was working?? I want to know how long my poor family has to put up with this poor depressed, psychotic mommy & wife..lol

Willow
01-16-2003, 11:33 AM
Most of the time it takes anywhere from four to six weeks to get the full affect but you should notice some improvement before then if the drug is working for you.

~MK~
01-16-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm on 40 mg. I know the feeling..I got mad on Christmas cuz no one was helping and threw a ham. :D :eek:

Lora_1994
01-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Luna- thanks for the info... i have to go back to the dr. next week, he wanted to see me again and let me know the results of all the bloodwork I had done. Im hoping to notice some changes SOON !!!!

oh chit MK, I could imagine the look on everyone's faces when they saw the Christmas dinner flying through the air. Is that what you call "WHEN PIGS FLY" ... lmao

Ladytiger
01-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I am on Lexapro, a derivitive of Celexa, it's hard to give any feedback on it, as I am going off another drug called Klonopin. I have heard great things about Celexa and Lexapro..I have the same as you, anxiety (Panic Disorder) and depression..let us know Lora!

Lora_1994
01-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I sure will ... when I get ready to have these anxiety attacks, I can feel them coming on 3 or 4 days ahead of time and there's not a thing I can do to stop them. That is such a helpless feeling to have. Its been this way since I was 17.. when I got pregnant with my oldest. Im 26 now and in the last year, it seems to have just gotten alot worse. To the point where I cant even stand myself. Hopefully it'll work.

MistyWolf
01-16-2003, 01:51 PM
I am on Zoloft 50 MG's and they do help but there has been a little weight gain .. I have been on them for a month now. I asked my doc to switch me to Wellbutrin but he doesn't want to .. I also take Zoloft for bad headaches that I get and they help very much and the Wellbutrin he doesn't feel will help as much.

It takes a couple weeks to see a difference .. just keep taking them and if after a month you don't see any changes, talk to your doc.

Good luck.

peaceluver
01-16-2003, 10:27 PM
I use celexa and I think its great. Actually I am getting to see this week just how great it is. I ran out of my prescription 2 weeks ago and have yet to fill it. I have been not so calm this past week and add all the stress of having a wedding and a funeral on the same day didnt help. My dot said to go get my meds now.