PDA

View Full Version : adenoids

kmtsn
01-14-2003, 06:40 PM
hello my 6 so to be 7 year old daughter has been fighting not really a sore throat but her lympth nodes have been swollen shes been on antibotics will we finally went to the ENT clinic and seen this doctor he took my 14 year olds adenoids out last march!! anyway my daughter went back today and he said they are still swelled up alittle but he thought maybe she would let him put this thing he explained it as spagehetti up her nose so he could see just how big they are well she said no on the spagetti i think she was thinking spagetti all cooked and ready to use so he said talk it over with her and ill see u in 2 months!! i really dont know what to think or do!! i trust this doctor but if there is no infection does she really need them out? if anybody has been through this please let me know a mom in iowa

cpbaby
01-14-2003, 06:54 PM
She may. My youngest son had his out because his were so large, the nasal passage was almost totally blocked. He wasnt sleeping hardly any because he couldnt breathe through his nose. He had BAD dark circles under his eyes They also were putting pressure on his ear canals, which helped the blasted infections stay in. So, he had his adenoids out and tubes put in and he has been great ever since.

Not to worry you, but I wanted to add, I had my adenoids out twice. Once at age 5 and again at age 13.

Lasher
01-14-2003, 06:57 PM
I had mine removed when I was little,at the same time they out tubes in my ears. It helped alot, I had really bad problems with my sinuses and my ear getting clogged up all the time.

ahippiechic
01-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by cpbaby
Not to worry you, but I wanted to add, I had my adenoids out twice. Once at age 5 and again at age 13.

:eek:

Wimzik
01-14-2003, 08:30 PM
My 5 year old son had his taken out last year when he had his tonsils out, his tonsils and adenoids were so swollen he could hardly breath at night, it caused him to have apnea. The dr. didn't do any test like that though.
I remember that he talked like he had a stuffy nose all the time, and the dr. said that was because his adenoids were so swollen. I hope you find out what the problem is soon.