PDA

View Full Version : Paxil...Anyone here on it or been on it before?

sivohdarba
01-12-2003, 08:58 PM

MistyWolf
01-12-2003, 09:36 PM
I am not on Paxil but am on Zoloft .. I have a friend who took Paxil and she didn't like it and switched to Zoloft and she liked it at first and than didn't and now takes nothing. My sister-iin-laws nephew takes Paxil and he is great on it .. so I guess it just depends.

I have been on Zoloft for almost a month and at first was like DUH all day long so I switched from taking it in the AM to taking it in the PM before bed .. but now I stay up! .. It can cause insomnia. I am going to talk to my doctor about switching to Wellbutrin .. it is supposed to be the mildest anti-depressant and have the least side effects .. also, Zoloft claims to be non-addicting and I don't crave it.

I would stay on Paxil for a week since your doctor said it takes a week at least to get used to cause your body does have to adjust and if after that you don't like it, talk to her about switching to something else.

Hope things work out for you.

MoOn-BaBy
01-13-2003, 12:56 AM
I took paxil for about a month and a half last year this time. The first 3 days was when all the weird side affects hit me, then wore off. The whole emotionless thing was the only one you listed that happened to me. I didn't really have a probelm with it, but it affected me sexually, otherwise i would have stayed on it. I have't found any other drugs that worked anywhere near as good as that did for me. Just wait it out. If you still don't like it ask to switch. I had no problems weaning off either.
Good luck
((((((((hugs))))))))

WVCindy
01-13-2003, 06:11 AM
:D I Love Paxil....I take 25 mg of Paxil CR it is a God send to me.
I really didn't have to hard of a time with the side effects they
only lasted a short time but if you hang in there it will get better
and it is worth it. Good luck:)

aneisu
01-13-2003, 09:51 AM
I took paxil for a little while - couldn't handle it! I was foggy feeling & tired - the worst part was people would talk to me about conversations they had with me & i did't remember a thing! If the side effects don't go away soon try Lexapro - its also rated for anxiety & I'm not having nearly the same side effects.

tigerskiss1963
01-13-2003, 11:25 AM
paxil is not for every one
but i have been taking it for 4 yrs now it has help me alot

Willow
01-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Paxil was the first anti depressant I was put on. I always felt like I had the flu even after I had waited four weeks for my body to become adjusted to it. The doctor I was seeing at the time said that it would take a good four weeks for that to happen. I was on it for a little over two months when I was switched to Celexa. That made me feel the same way. I took that for about three months. I'm seeing a new doctor now and I'm on Zoloft and Welbutrin. The pharmacist told me that Welbutrin has the least amount of side effects compared to all the other anti depressants and instead of gaining weight like some anti depressants cause you do to you would probably actually loose weight. A lot of people who have taken Paxil have complained about gaining weight. It all depends on your system though. Medications work differently for different people.

Willow
01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I also wanted to add that when I was being weaned off of the Paxil I felt worse than when I was taking it normally. It was the worst feeling. The reason they wean you off is so you don't have withdrawl but I still felt really bad. If you do end up taking Welbutrin don't be surprised if your heart races at first. It's only temporary. You might have trouble sleeping the first few nights but that's only temporary too. The doctor was worried about putting me on it at first because I'm already figety and the Welbutrin tends to make you a little figety until you get used to it but I haven't had any problems with it.

missymommy
01-13-2003, 04:28 PM
I was taking it for a while last year. I stopped taking it because I put on 60lbs. Doctor put me on Welbutrin and it didn't do anything for me. I loved the calm feeling I had on the paxil. I don't get upset or have any panic attacks. So the doctor has put me back on it. Now that I know that paxil increases my hunger I can try to fight it. Doc says if I gain any at all I have to try something else.:(

I didn't have any problems stopping the paxil, but I only took it for maybe 6 months or more.