PDA

View Full Version : Can I show you how pretty my puppy is getting?

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi, proud momma with a new puppy picture. :D
http://www.washatal.com/eightweeksold.jpg

twinkiesmom
01-12-2003, 03:49 PM
ain't it cute?? awwwww

he or she?

CarolinaBlue
01-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Awwww, that's a precious picture! :D

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Thank you!! :D
It's a She, named her after a board member "Witchy Girl" :)

jayhawkfan
01-12-2003, 04:21 PM
She is SO cute! Thanks for sharing :)

momof4inMi
01-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Awwwwwwwww isnt she a cutie :D:D:D

Specialk
01-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Awwwwwwww,she's sooooooooo adorable!!! Makes me wanna reach inside the screen and grab her & hold her and play w/ her. Now I want one!!! She's so precious looking!!! You got a beauty there!!! Congrats on getting her :-)

Sweetberries
01-12-2003, 04:37 PM
awwww what a cutie :D

Nimue
01-12-2003, 04:41 PM
AWWWW she is such a cutie!!!

chort1313
01-12-2003, 04:54 PM
AWWWWW!! She's precious, KYLA! :D

works4me
01-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Oooooooh, how cute!!!

newwiccan
01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Awe, how adorable!!! What breed is she?

tigerskiss1963
01-12-2003, 05:24 PM
HE OR SHE IS VERY CUTE I WANT HIM

schsa
01-12-2003, 05:28 PM
That is one sweet baby. Irrestible!

cpbaby
01-12-2003, 06:07 PM
My son(the animal lover) saw her and asked "Is she for sale? Can we buy her? I will LOVE her, Mom!"

She is such a sweetie!! You are a lucky person to have her!

WitchyGurl
01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Here's my Mimi

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll/c/content/f/viewproperty/siteid/mS1E/contentclass/PICT/contentid/YZZZZZYB/propertyname/Original/~/My_Mimi.jpg

She's a 12 week old Yorkie Mix
(shhhh....... we don't talk about her daddy LOL):D

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll/c/content/f/viewproperty/siteid/mS1E/contentclass/PICT/contentid/YZZZZZYD/propertyname/File/~/Mimi_Raines.jpg
Her ear finally DID stand up :D

Give Witchy Girl a hug and a kiss from me!

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Witchygurl, send me the picture and I will upload it so we can all see her :D

kylakym@hotmail.com

WitchyGurl
01-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym
Witchygurl, send me the picture and I will upload it so we can all see her :D

kylakym@hotmail.com

You can't see them?
I can :confused:
Well, I e-mail you one. I hope I did that right :D
THANKS!

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by WitchyGurl
You can't see them?
I can :confused:
Well, I e-mail you one. I hope I did that right :D
THANKS!
I'm seeing a myfamily.com banner! LOL is anyone else seeing that?

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Just incase anyone else is seeing the banner like I am. Here is Miss Mimi !!!! She is sooo cute and adorable. She looks full blood to me. Has the perkey ears and stubby legs and bushy hair. What a sweet baby you have there! :D

I sure hope my witchy girls ears will stand up too. Her moms stand up perfectly, but her dads don't.

http://www.washatal.com/mimi.jpg

WitchyGurl
01-12-2003, 08:47 PM
I'm seeing a myfamily.com banner! LOL is anyone else seeing that?

LOL Yeah I'm sure they are!
I forgot the thing about websites that you have pass to not being able to get the image through!
I hope you can do something with the e-mail. I sent it from my hard drive not the myfamily website!
Thanks again!

WitchyGurl
01-12-2003, 08:55 PM
[B]Just incase anyone else is seeing the banner like I am. Here is Miss Mimi !!!! She is sooo cute and adorable. She looks full blood to me. Has the perkey ears and stubby legs and bushy hair. What a sweet baby you have there! :D

I sure hope my witchy girls ears will stand up too. Her moms stand up perfectly, but her dads don't.

She may look full blooded but at 12 weeks she already weighs in at 10lbs! She has big paws.
I know there are some breeders that recommend taping their ears with paper first aid tape to hold them erect for a couple days. Then you just wet the tape and it comes off! I considered it but then Mimi's ear stood up on it's own. Mimi's ears did not finish standing until she was 11 weeks old. I don't know the average age though.
It's good if they do stand up. It helps the ear canal stay drier. Mimi doesn't have a lot of ear hair yet, so it's easy to pluck out. Some Yorkies get a lot. There's a powder you can get from most groomers/pet stores that allows you to get a better grip on the hair while your plucking. Breeders and Vets don't recommend tweezers. Too dangerous! If you don't pluck the hair out, wax builds up and they can get infections;)
Blessed Be!

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 09:00 PM
You mean I have to pull the hair out of my poor babies ears??? Yikes! I didn't know I would have to do that. Doesn't it hurt them? Do they get like allot of hair in their ears or something? *worry, worry*

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by newwiccan
Awe, how adorable!!! What breed is she?

She is a Yorkie! :D

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments about my sweet little girl. I'm just as proud as a new momma can be with her. She sleeps in that blue bucket by my bed at night with a heating pad underneath the bucket to keep her nice and warm. And during the day I built her a play pen to keep her and her toy's in. :)

Everyone says she won't know how to walk anyway since I carry her everywhere..:D

shelhop
01-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Awwwww! Sort of reminds me of my little Pugsy (he's a pekingese, though) when he was just a puppy. But that was 6 years ago.

jcw
01-12-2003, 10:14 PM
both of these are so cute

lpelham
01-12-2003, 10:39 PM
What a sweetie! Thanks for sharing the pic with us!

Libby

Kyla Kym
01-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Does anyone else have puppy pics? I would love to see everyones puppies if you want to post them here. :D

Dolly<3
01-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Awwww, she's precious! :)

eeigh33
01-13-2003, 12:08 AM
how cute! it looks the the dog on one of my all time fave movies "As Good as it Gets" Thanks for the pics.... :)

hotwheelstx
01-13-2003, 01:41 AM
She's so cute. Wanna trade???? I have a 2 lb. fully grown Toy Pomeranian that thinks he's Evil Knivel. LOL. She's really cute.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

WitchyGurl
01-13-2003, 03:59 AM
You mean I have to pull the hair out of my poor babies ears??? Yikes! I didn't know I would have to do that. Doesn't it hurt them? Do they get like allot of hair in their ears or something? *worry, worry*

There are 2 breeds that have the deep ear hair. Maltese and Yorkies.
Yes unfortunatly, if you want her to have healthy ears, the hair has got to go:( Some times groomers will do it for you. Some groomers refuse to. If you do it weekly, they get used to it and it doesn't seem to bother them. I've been plucking Mimi's about once a week. There are not a lot of nerve endings there, and she doesn't have a lot yet, so it doesn't seem to bother Mimi.
My Mom had a Maltese. She refused to pluck his ears and he ended up with several ear infections that left him deaf. :(

Infections are more painful than the plucking.

There are a few books out there on Yorkie Grooming. I keep meaning to get one. Maybe after all the puppy shots are over I'll be able to get one:D

CarolinaBlue
01-13-2003, 04:50 AM
We have a mini Schnauzer and his ear hair has to be plucked too. I had no idea that needed to be done, so when he was a puppy he did develop a bit of infection in his ear. I took him to the vet and he pulled the ear hair our right then and there. Well, let me tell you, my eyes started to puddle hearing his pitiful howls. From then on, we started having him groomed on a regular basis and the groomer takes care of the ear hair. At least I am not there to hear him if he howls :(

Kyla Kym
01-13-2003, 12:41 PM
I don't know how you guys do that ear plucking. I just tried it and I think it would be easier to try and pluck the hair out of a rattlesnakes ears!

I tried even wrapping her up tight like a burritto in a towel, and still couldn't get controll of her head long enough to pull it out. I got about one tweezer full then that was all she wrote, I never got another. I gave up after an hour of trying. I'll ask the vet to do it....unless ya'll have a special way to do it that I don't know about???????

DreamWarrior
01-13-2003, 03:56 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW What a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolinaBlue
01-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Kyla, I can't do the ear thing either! Our groomer does it. Or the vet will usually do it. I did find out it's best not to let the hair get too thick in there because it hurts even more when it comes out! Our vet just took a wad of hair and twisted it with some sort of instrument and yanked it out. Our poor little Schnauzer just howled and howled when he did that! But he did have an ear infection and the vet said the med couldn't work with all that hair in the ear, so out it came! :(

Kyla Kym
01-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Ouch!!!! Poor thang, I bet that did hurt something awful! My husband got mad at me earlier because I told him what I had tried to do. He said how would you like it if I held you down and pulled your hair out of your ears. I told him if I had a ear infection and that was what was causing it, then I hope you would do it....my son got mad too when he got in and found out what I had been trying to do, he threaten to get me down and pull my nose hairs out!
I might have to get some of you all over here to help me out before this is over with! *LOL*

WitchyGurl
01-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Unfortunatly you have a Micro-Yorkie.
Their ears are very hard to get down in. You just pluck the hairs that are down in the canal. I guess I'm lucky my pup doesn't put up a fuss. I always catch her sleeping or eating to do it. It doesn't wake her up but she's a deep sleeper LOL!
There's nothing wrong with getting someone else to do it! Sometimes if it's a painful thing it's better the pet associate that unpleasentness with another person and not their primary caregiver!!!
I forgot about Toy Schnauzers!
Tell your families, sometimes things just have to be done for your pets own good.
Remind your children they themselves have had to get shots.
It sort of puts it into perspective;)

RobMom
01-14-2003, 10:10 AM
So cute!!:D My DD and DH want to get a puppy. Our cat died last September and I am not ready to get another pet. Especially one that needs a lot of attention. But looking at your puppies makes me want one.

blueeyes18
01-14-2003, 02:01 PM
How cute! :)

FreeIs4Me
01-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Soooooo cute!!!!!!

:D