PDA

View Full Version : need best cell phone sign up deals

chyna123
01-06-2003, 12:54 PM
I need the best cell phone sign up deals...If anyone knows anything about them plmk..... I would only be calling Local mostly and calling husbands work which is 30 miles from home so I guess you would consider it to be out of town and be calling home while on vacations......so if anyone knows a good deal plmk...I am really only wanting to spend around $60 a month ...thanks

jaybird
01-06-2003, 01:06 PM
I've done a lot of checking the past couple months, since my dot has confiscated MY cell phone. I think AT&T has the best package deal going, 500 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, no LD or roaming, free phone. For $34.99 I think and $10 activation - according to the guy at the mall.

Right now I have (well SARAH HAS) Cingular. I've had them forever and never a problem. 400 any time minutes, 3000 night & weekends, free LD, free roaming, rollover any unused minutes, for $34 or $39.99 a month.

lameduch27
01-07-2003, 05:36 AM
The only trouble with AT&T is that they have VERY few towers and this causes great interference with your service. I switched to them for about 3 days because they had a good deal on their v60i phones. The service was terrible to say the least. I sat at my kitchen table and called my cell phone 5 times, it rang once. I couldn't call my husband across town 2 out of 3 tries (he got their service too, but doesn't use his as much as I use mine, so it didn't bother him), so I returned mine and told the girl why, and she said that about the shortage of towers. I'll stick with Verizon. Free long distance, never any interruptions of service, 500 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends,,,39.99 a month.

AllKnowingFool
01-07-2003, 07:36 AM
T-Mobile is BAD! The deals are good. BUT the service is crap. It cuts out. And the customer service people are not good. They say that they will do something and then they don't. Don't go with T-Mobile. I have Verizon, and I am very happy with my service.

MOMMYOF2BOYZ
01-07-2003, 08:29 AM
cricket is only $30.00 a month

jaybird
01-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Cricket isn't available in the STL area. I went to the mall last night, talked to AT&T and Cingular. AT&T is 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, free long distance for $39.99. Free phone & $10 activation. Cingular is 400 anytime minutes, 3000 night & weekends, free long distance, free phone (with some extra perks like vibrating mode) and $10 activation. 6 of one, half dozen of the other, you know? But I've had such good luck with Cingular, I'm probably going with them.

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2003, 08:47 AM
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

POUNCE !!
:)
POUNCE !!
:D
POUNCE !!
;)
POUNCE !!
:p
POUNCE !!
:cool:
POUNCE !!
:rolleyes:
POUNCE !!
:o
POUNCE !!

lisarae
01-07-2003, 08:58 AM
I really enjoy service with Sprint pcs. I have a $30 plan, unlimited night and weekends, and 300 anytime minutes. Free long distance. But the only thing is you have to sign contracts with them, which I hate, but most of them you do. They have the new phones that you can take video with too, and the $30 plan is plan with that too.

jaybird
01-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Brian has always had Sprint and loves it. But he's got the worst reception and dropped calls! And aren't Sprint phones expensive, compared to the others that give free phones?

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2003, 09:09 AM
:( :( :( :( :( nobody noticed my "pounce" .... :( :( :( :( :(