PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe she did that!

justinenycole26
01-02-2003, 01:04 PM
My 5 year old was out playing with my neighbor's kids. She went and told my neighbor we were out of bread, so my neighbor gave her 2 Ziploc bags with 2 slices of bread in each so her and her sister could have a PB&J. I am sooo embarassed! We have plenty of food, we just ran out of bread. She did not come and tell me she was hungry, she just went and begged food from the neighbor! If she had told me, I would have fixed her some lunch. I was in the shower when she came in to fix the sandwich so I did not know about it till my 7 year old told me. What am I gonna do with her???? LOL

janelle
01-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Well it could have been worse. Just laugh it off, tell her not to do that again without your permission and tell your neighbor what happened. She will understand. Kids do the silliest things as well as say the silliest things. LOL

flute
01-02-2003, 01:10 PM
wow & nice neighbor :)

Dolly<3
01-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Aww! That's sweet. Don't worry - your neighbor might know you're just outta bread and wanted to help out. I'm sure she knows you feed your kids. :D

nooshu
01-02-2003, 01:18 PM
LOL-Gotta love 'em.

My 5 year old has liitle squares on his school calendar that have "things they are doing that day" written on them. Well, some days are so jammed with things that one day the week before Christmas, I didn't read EVERYTHING.

It was "secret santa" day where the kids brought in money to buy mommy, daddy or grandparents, brothers, sisters, etc, something.

Well, I almost died when my son got off the bus with a bag of stuff. I hadn't sent him with money, not even seeing that it was secret santa day. He told them he didn't have money(aka-to us adults as, mommy forgot to give me money, NOT "I DON'T HAVE MONEY") AARRGGHH!!

They let him go through things that people donated "used" for people that didn't have money. How embarrassing-I volunteer at his school every week, so everyone knows me. I thought I was gonna die!!!

So I know how you feel. ~Out of the mouths of Babes!!;)

mugwump
01-02-2003, 01:33 PM
When my youngest son was five years old, he was a very picky eater. One morning he didn't like his breakfast and wouldn't eat it, so I sent him out to play and told him there would be nothing to eat until lunch.

The little darling knocked on all of our neighbours doors and said "my mommy won't feed me...can I have a cookie?"

Very embarrassing!!!LOL

justinenycole26
01-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I called my neighbor and thanked her and let her know that we do have food, just not bread. She understood and said she was happy to give it to them. She told me not to worry, she was not going to call CPS on me LOL. (She was of course joking!) I'm gonna buy her a loaf when I go to the store tonite.

flute
01-02-2003, 02:40 PM
lmao honeybear :)

callsheb
01-02-2003, 07:04 PM
my daughter when she was little would eat at home then when we would go somewhere would always say i am hungry till where ever we were would get them something to eat talk about embarrassing.

heymom
01-02-2003, 07:14 PM
OMG :) My 4 yr old does exactly the same thing . He especially does it during church and at one friends house .He gets louder and louder at church .some days I could just ...........can you picture him wailing like he hasn't eaten in a week .ARGH During the Christmas service a close friend brought a tupperware box of honeycomb and fed them to him 1 at a time .He is such a little turkey

unicorn9149
01-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Happy Birthday a little early Justinenycole