PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help With The Sims

badswife
12-26-2002, 04:51 PM
I AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE SIMS DELUXE EDITION AND I KEEP GETTING "COMPONENT TRANSFER ERROR" AT 1 % OF THE DOWNLOAD. I HAVE DONE ALL OF THE STEPS FOR THE DISK PREPERATION AND I STILL CAN'T GET THIS TO WORK. AND TECH SUPPORT IS NOT RESPONDING. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE! I WANT TO PLAY!:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

queenofquitealot
12-27-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey I was just wondering where you downloaded it from? I would really like to know. I would like to be able to download more stuff for my sims, I didnt know you could download games. Thanks.
Please email me @
julz49221@yahoo.com

Thanks
Julie

badswife
12-28-2002, 07:16 AM
I got the sims deluxe edition for christmas. I am trying to install it from a disk. I went to the website and it gave different directions to install if you are having problems..... here they are.

1. Right-click on your desktop, select New, click Folder, and name the folder CD Copy.
2. Double-click My Computer, right-click on your cdrom and click open.
3. Press control+A to highlight everything, then press control+C to copy everything.
4. Double-click the CD Copy folder, right-click in center of the folder and click paste.
5. Remove the cd from the cdrom drive.
6. Insert CD2, double-click on My Computer, right-click on your cdrom and click open.
7. Double-click on the Setup folder.
8. Right-click on the data3 file and click copy.
9. Go back into the Setup folder in CD Copy and then press control+C to copy everything.
10. Repeat steps 6 through 9 in order to copy the data4 file.
11. Double-click the CD Copy folder, double-click the setup folder, then double-click the setup file (the icon will look like a computer).

After you are finished installing, you can delete the CD Copy folder.

For Windows 95/98/ME:

Try installing the latest version of DCOM for your operating system. Here are the URL's to download the version for your operating system;

Click here for Windows 95.
Click here for Windows 98/ME.

Also, if you have any virus protection programs like Norton or McAfee, temporarily disable them by right clicking on the icon in your system tray in the lower right corner of the desktop and selecting "Disable" or "Exit". Also be sure to end all background programs before attempting installation. Do this by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously and end tasking all applications except for Explorer and systray.

If the game still won't start up, try rebooting your computer, then before you do anything, make sure to end all background tasks then try starting up the game.

1) Go to "CONTROL PANEL" (click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)
2) Double-Click "MULTIMEDIA"
3) Click "CD MUSIC" Tab
4) Where is says: "Default CD-ROM drive for playing CD music", choose the letter of the drive that the game was installed from.

If the previous steps did not work, and you have 3000mb of free space on your hard drive, you can copy the entire cd to the hard drive and install the game from there. Follow these steps...

1. Right-click on your desktop, select New, click Folder, and name the folder CD Copy.
2. Double-click My Computer, right-click on your cdrom and click open.
3. Press control+A to highlight everything, then press control+C to copy everything.
4. Double-click the CD Copy folder, right-click in center of the folder and click paste.
5. Remove the cd from the cdrom drive.
6. Insert CD2, double-click on My Computer, right-click on your cdrom and click open.
7. Double-click on the Setup folder.
8. Right-click on the data3 file and click copy.
9. Go back into the Setup folder in CD Copy and then press control+C to copy everything.
10. Repeat steps 6 through 9 in order to copy the data4 file.
11. Double-click the CD Copy folder, double-click the setup folder, then double-click the setup file (the icon will look like a computer).

After you are finished installing, you can delete the CD Copy folder.

So, after doing that when we went to play they ended up being read only files and we couldn't play. Now we are trying to uninstall it and it says we don't have enough free space to get rid of it!! Didn't know you needed space to delete something. Could someone please help me. I have no clue what to do, and Tech support has not responded yet. Thanks. BTW I am using windows 98.

badswife
12-28-2002, 11:44 AM
just bumping