PDA

View Full Version : CA peeps, need help please

unicorn9149
12-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Am planning an itinerary for my SIL. Last summer while traveling down the old I-5 route from Sacramento to Bakersfield we stopped to eat at a great restraunt. I don't remember the name or where exactly it was. Only that it formerly was an Anderson (Split Pea Soup) ???restraunt. I just remember it being after we left Sacramento. There was a great cheese shop in the shops next to it, but none of us can remember the name. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

DBackFan
12-26-2002, 01:50 PM
I can't help you because i am new here but if you stop in Bakersfield look me up! :D

unicorn9149
12-26-2002, 02:00 PM
we usually stop in Bakersfield when we drive to Vegas. But that isn't very often. This trip is for my SIL who is taking her granddot to Disneyland. I have to plan their vacation (my choice) I'm just not sure how long of a drive they can tolerate with a 6 yr old. LOL

Kelsey1224
12-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Sorry Vicki...I can't help either. Maybe if you contacted the Chamber of Commerce???

waterfowl
12-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Is it Bulletin along the central coast? I know they have or had an Anderson's and they boast about their Split Pea Soup. Bulletin is located between Santa Maria and Santa Barbara on hwy 101.

unicorn9149
12-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks, but that's not it. It's between Sacramento and Fresno. It has a windmill on it and a little train in back.

Sha
12-26-2002, 07:33 PM
Unicorn,
I live about an hour and a half from there In Manteca..Your talking about Anderson Split Pea soup it is located in Santa Nella on HWY 152 off Pacheco Pass. They have a big motel/hotel and huge tacky windmills easily seen from the freeway. It is right near Gilroy..The garlic capital of the state! LOL!! Great Food that always leaves a lasting impression. I hope this helped.

unicorn9149
12-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Thanks but that's not it. It used to be an Anderson Split Pea Soup and has everything there but it has changed ownership. I have seen other Anderson's, that's why I recognized the building. Guess they will just have to keep an eye out for it themselves.

unicorn9149
12-27-2002, 12:42 AM
DH says it's on hwy 99.

Sha
12-27-2002, 11:47 AM
The only other one I ever remember seeing a long time ago was somewhere around the Fresno- Chowchilla area. Sorry I could not be anymore of a help.

unicorn9149
12-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Sha
The only other one I ever remember seeing a long time ago was somewhere around the Fresno- Chowchilla area. Sorry I could not be anymore of a help. The Fresno - Chowchilla area is where this is. Thanks for the help. When I give vague clues I don't really expect anyone to know but most of the time I'm pleasantly surprised.

lilybee2
12-27-2002, 01:40 PM
I know this isnt it but you think each town has the same scenery in mind when developing there communitys lol in watsonville on hwy1 they have a restaurant that has a windmill attached to the side of it and there specialty is soups and in the back of the restaurant is an old train locamotive from the train station that they just parked in the park for the kids to play on,isnt that weird lol!

annie169
12-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey, lilybee2, I know where your talking about!! LOL!! I'd forgotten all about it til you mentioned it. Wow. Talk about a mind warp!! I grew up in Salinas and we'd go to Watsonville during fruit season and get pears and apricots to bottle. My mom was a BIG homemaker when I was little. Oh, and go to Castroville for the artichoke festival!! Gads, we did live in the Salad Bowl of the World, didn't we??

lilybee2
12-27-2002, 04:10 PM
yep! one big salad bowl that for sure lol glad to know there is someone on the board from my end of the world, i grew up in corralitos just outside of watsonville with the country folk and apple orchards lol