PDA

View Full Version : ARG!!! stupid twist ties!!

jennls
12-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Why are there so many twist ties on toys. Its a pain in the a$$ to get them of as your child is standing saying come on mum, i want to play with it. The babrie I got for my daughter the twist was actually braided into the hair!! ARG!! Does any else find this as frustrating??

callsheb
12-25-2002, 09:02 PM
i know what you mean some of the cars we got our grandson you had to use a screwdriver to get the plastic pieces off and then take the ties off. sure glad we had a screw driver around.

Wimzik
12-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jennls
Does any else find this as frustrating??

Yes!
I hate those things!:mad: I think they get a little carried away with them.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

missymommy
12-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Yep, and the ones I don't get are the ones (rescue heros) have a cardboard back and plastic front. They wouldn't move inside if you ran over it. Yet I got it open and tried to pull it out and one hero had 3 ties. Of course others were worse, the doll Nana got sara on a scooter must have had 15. But since it was bigger I understand a lil more. :(

jadegentle
12-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Please don't get me started on those things again today, lol! They drive me nuts!!!

kelblend
12-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Don't ya love the ones they twist and proceed to tuck the end piece back under and through the bottom of the tie??

Hollie1974
12-26-2002, 05:44 AM
My step sister was trying to open a Barbie for our neice. After seeing all the twist ties she just said to Courtney, "Honey, that pink board she is stuck to is part of her outfit." ROFLMAO!!!

She however did eventually get Barbie out of her "outfit".

Ta!

Hollie

MrsSpeed
12-26-2002, 06:14 AM
Ohhhhh I hate those things!!!! We got a Blues Clues piano for the kids and they were threaded into the piano!!! It's almost impossible to get them out. :rolleyes: I want to know how they get them through there in the first place. :confused:

Angelseyes28
12-26-2002, 06:41 AM
UGH as if the twist ties aren't bad enough they have to put tape over the top of some of them!! GRRRRRR Oh and don't even get me started on the topic of dolls that have that stupid plastic piece sewn on their hair!!!! All that is enough to make a person scream......

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

DreamWarrior
12-26-2002, 06:42 AM
I have band-aids on my fingers from those d@mn things!!! I untwisted so many yesterday that I ripped my fingers open!!!!!!

newwiccan
12-26-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by missymommy
Yep, and the ones I don't get are the ones (rescue heros) have a cardboard back and plastic front. They wouldn't move inside if you ran over it. Yet I got it open and tried to pull it out and one hero had 3 ties. Of course others were worse, the doll Nana got sara on a scooter must have had 15. But since it was bigger I understand a lil more. :(

I had to open all the Rescue Heroes too. I had so many ties when I got finished if I tied them end to end, it was the length of my livingroom.