PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!! Major ebay problem!

jaybird
12-23-2002, 07:57 PM
I won a bid on an item December 6th. I sent a money order out on December 10th for $29.56. With the holidays and all the chaos, I'd totally forgotten about this (I always ask the seller to email me when they receive payment & when the item is shipped)

TODAY, I get an envelope from the US Postal Service. Inside this envelope is the top 1/2 of my original mailing envelope and the top 1/2 of my money order! :eek:

NOW what? I just emailed the seller explaining what happened and giving him the money order number. Do I go back to where I bought the money order originally?

I have stellar feedback at Ebay. This is going to TICK me off.

HELP!

sharinbo
12-23-2002, 08:04 PM
You should go back to where you bought the money order and see if they will replace it for you. I'll bet they will...I hope your ebay seller is understanding. It really is the fault of the USPS.

jaybird
12-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Exactly. And it's not an individual, it's a 'store' type place. I checked Ebay, they haven't left any negative feedback, but you would have thought, in almost 3 weeks, they would have emailed me to ask about payment! I emailed them the day I sent payment with the MO #.

I bought the money order at the grocery store. I'll TRY to get down there tomorrow, but those high school kids that work there won't have a clue!

lilybee2
12-23-2002, 08:10 PM
YEP!! YOU CAN FOR SURE GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THE MONEY ORDER
COMPANY AND I WOULD PUT A COMPLAINT IN WITH THE POST OFFICE,I WOULD DO THIS AT YOUR MAIN POST OFFICE NOT THE SMALLER COMMINITY ONES AS THE BIGGER ONES WELL GET SOMETHING DONE ALOT FASTER IF THERE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING,I WISH YOU LUCK AND HOPE EBAY DOESNT HOLD THIS AGAINST YOU,SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO ME 6 MONTHS AGO AND EBAY PUT A STRIKE AGAINST ME,I HAVE EMAILED THEM BACK AND FORTH AND STILL HAVE THAT AGAINST ME! EBAY NEEDS A 1-800 FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THIS I THINK AFTERALL ITS NOT LIKE THEY CANT AFFIORD THE STAFF OR THE PHONELINE,GOODLUCK JAYBIRD!

denisemm
12-23-2002, 08:22 PM
THat has happened to me a couple times from the post office. Once I got back the top half of a personal check I mailed out for a bill - so who knows where the part with my account number and signature went!

Hopefully the seller is understanding. If you have a scanner or digital camera, I could take a pic of what you got back fromt he post office just in case. There's really isn't anything you can do as far as being pissed at the post office, though.

Yasha
12-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Ebay sellers like myself are always forgiving when things like this happen.;) As long as you let them know what going on, and keep them updated, there should be no problem at all :)

flute
12-23-2002, 09:03 PM
janel u know the state quarters you sent me a while back? the envelope was ripped open & empty. So yea I hate the PO.
But u know at times i hate everyone & everything :p

We are having our own ebay problem. Almost a month ago mike sent payment & we're yet to get an email OR the order :mad:

Yasha
12-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Flute, how did you pay for your item?

flute
12-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Yasha
Flute, how did you pay for your item?

money order...
oh yea did I forget the seller is a KID who NEVER contacted us until AFTER mike talked to his MOMMY?