PDA

View Full Version : Update on My Mom and the Cards are arriving!!

siniej
12-16-2002, 11:00 PM
My mom actually got the first bunch of cards on Saturday. 7 came Saturday, she called me at work and asked me "What's BBS" and I just laughed, she was like why are you laughing?? She said that she had recieved 7 of the most beautiful cards today in the mail and that she had sat down and read them over and over and over again. She was so happy and excited. She told me she couldn't stop looking at them. I guess one of them said something about me telling people about her MS and that they wished her well so she knew it was me :) Then today she called again and said that she had 10 more cards in her mailbox and one of them had a prescious moments keychain on it, which she told me she promptly attached to her keys so she could take it with her wherever she went. She was in tears again on the phone, and just telling me how these people must truely be angels to send their wishes and prayers to someone they don't even know. It was amazing. I am so happy for her, and so grateful to each and every one of you. It was really the boost she needed. She said that she had already written out thank you cards to the ones who she got their cards on Saturday, and now she had to start all over again! :) This was great since she did get some bad news today as well. Her spinal test was supposed to be next Tuesday morning. It would tell us just how far advanced the MS is, but the doctor called today and cancelled the apointment, saying that he wouldn't be able to perform the test until January 2nd, and since he is doing the test for next to nothing (no insurance) then she really couldn't say much to him. So now she will have to wait until at least mid January to find out the results. She has already waited over a month, they had to give her some sleeping pills so that she could relax at night as she would just lay in bed thinking about what was happening to her body. The waiting is already tearing at her, and this just made it worse. It sucks!

I will keep everyone posted and I really want to once again tell everyone thank you for the wonderful emails and kind words. You are all the best!
Sinie :)

siniej1@iwon.com

janelle
12-16-2002, 11:05 PM
I'm so glad she liked them. You are so sweet to your mother.

mrs.john
12-17-2002, 06:25 AM
I'm glad she started to receive them already! Isn't it amazing how much a few cards can do for someone's spirit?

chort1313
12-17-2002, 06:59 AM
Glad she enjoyed the cards. I emailed you that I could send a card, but I never heard back from you. You can email me if you think she would still like another one.

farmmnger
12-17-2002, 07:53 AM
I"m glad she got them. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I"m praying for your family and special prayers for your mom. I know how special family is.

jcw
12-17-2002, 08:24 AM
Glad she likes the cards will be praying for her

newwiccan
12-17-2002, 09:15 AM
I'm so glad she likes the cards. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

{{{{siniej and mother}}}}

Merryg
12-17-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm so glad to be able to help a complete stranger with just a small gesture. Isn't it great? Give her a BIG HUG!!! Keep us posted. Sending a BIG HUG to you as well SinieJ!! :)

kelblend
12-17-2002, 10:37 AM
I sent mine out to her yesterday soooo she should get at least one more!!--glad your Mom is enjoying them.

siniej
12-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Thank you all very much for your kind words! Chort, I thought I emailed ya! Email me again and I will gladly give you her addy. siniej1@iwon.com
She hasn't called me yet today, but as soon as the mail runs I am sure she will :)

angelinwaiting
12-17-2002, 02:24 PM
Sending mine out tomorrow, so she will get another one too:p

ajksmom
12-17-2002, 02:30 PM
I am glad that your mom is enjoying her cards and am truly glad that they are lifting her spirits. She sounds a wonderful woman and you are a great daughter for doing this for her.

siniej
12-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Guess what?? I am soooo happy! The doctor called back and they are going to be able to do her test on Christmas Eve!! That means she will only have to wait about 10 days to get the results instead of till the end of January!!!! What a relief!!! She is so happy, still stressed of course, but at least now she won't have to wait so long to get on the right kind of medication! :)
Again thank you all!
Merry Christmas to you and yours! This is the best christmas present I could get. Thank you Dr. Schrader!!

Merryg
12-19-2002, 10:48 PM
WooHoo!! Keep on praying. Hope all works out for her. {{{Hugs}}}

mrs.john
12-20-2002, 06:32 AM
I'm so glad she won't have to wait until the end of January. That would be so nervewracking.

BTW, I got a thank you card from your mom today. That was so sweet!