PDA

View Full Version : Like Politics? PLEASE help me ! :)

jennblinks
12-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey all, I am in need of help. I have a Politics exam. This isn't a bust trying to get you to do my work( lol) Everyone is so nice here, so I thought I would ask for some help. Final is tomorrow. I just need some key notes and I could probably take it from there. I have been sitting here for over an hour, I am blank. Maybe you could help :) If you could post here, or email me genblinks@aol.com I will be VERY greatful! If I excel on the exam I will get a nice grade in this course, we didn't have many tests. My average now is a B, but I am having so much trouble here... Thanks-

Of the basic functions of the president in American politics, which do you see as the most important functio? Why and how do you rate Bush's success in performing these functions?

What is the most important domestic political issue facing the country today? Why? What steps, if any, is the government taking to address this issue? What can you do to become involved in addressing this issue?

Discuss the theory of the iron triangle and apply it to a current political issue.

What is the most important foreign policy or defense issue likely to confront the country over the next few years? What steps, if any, is the gov"t taking to address this issue? What can you do to become involved in addressing this issue?

What feature of American political life is most in need of revision and reform? Why? What reforms would you suggest?

If you have any info that I could use drop me a line!!
Thanks!!

nonda
12-15-2002, 04:49 PM
I don't understand alot about politics, but I definitely think that the most important domestic issue is the terrorism threat to our homeland. I do think that the creation of the homeland security department is a step in the right direction, but I am not sure about some of the things that I am hearing about that either. I am hearing that under the guise of "homeland security" that the gov't is going to be able to track your credit card purchases, e-mail, computer usage (what websites visited), etc.... I am also really tired of hearing about the profiling thing.....you know, I am a 42 year old white American female....I don't understand what threat that I pose compared to a 20-40 year old Middle Eastern descent male!!! Just a couple of thoughts.......sorry, but I tend to ramble.

Legion600
12-15-2002, 07:50 PM
jennblinks, is this the study guide from your test? It seems pretty straightforward and I haven't taken any government classes. Do you have class notes that you can look over for ideas? Good luck.

jennblinks
12-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Hey, yeah this is the study guide. I am familar with the questions, but not sure if all the opinions in my head are right, so I wouldnt want to write something and have the teacher say "huh". I just needed a little help. I actually recieved some great help from a friend so I am OK now!

Thanks!!
happy Holidays~
Jenn

jennblinks
12-17-2002, 09:37 AM
you are the greatest! That was very nice of you, did you send it to email GENBLINKS@aol.com?

Thanks so much!

~
Happy holidays