PDA

View Full Version : My parents are coming to visit!!!

Merryg
12-10-2002, 12:08 PM
My parents just called to surprise me that they will come to visit for Christmas!! I was getting a little homesick. We moved away from home (TX) a little over a year ago. Now we live in Arizona - away from all family and friends. I am sooo excited that they are coming. I wasn't expecting them to. Merry Christmas to me!!

BeesKnees
12-10-2002, 12:13 PM
How nice for you!!! And how refreshing to hear someone say they are excited to see their parents ( or any relatives for that matter) Lately I am hearing so many people kind of groan at the thought of the upcoming holidays and the family togetherness it almost always involves.
I cannot imagine being far away from my family.......We are not always the closest, but we always love eachother.

What a truly special Christmas you will have.....I hope it is the kind fond memories are made of!

Merryg
12-10-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys!! Beesknees - I am an only child. When I got married, my parents would often come spen the weekend at our house. Keep in mind we lived in the same city!!! I am blessed to have a patien husband who would put up with his in-laws spending the night often!!! We have ALWAYS spent Christmas together. After getting married, it was hard to do the decision on whose parents house we go to for the holidays. Sooo, the solution was for my parents to come spend the night on Christmas Eve with us and they would come with us to my in-laws house!! They all get along. Aren't I lucky? Last year when we moved here, my parents took the train to Arizona (scared to fly) This year they figured they couldn't afford to come visit. At the last minute, they decide whaht the heck. No point sitting around the house being depressed because they miss us!! So they will take Greyhound!!! My 4 year old is already making plans on what activities to do with them!!! :)

siniej
12-10-2002, 01:39 PM
Wow!! I am so happy for you Merry! That is a wonderful surprise! you have fun with your family at christmas! Happy Holidays!:D

Tasha405
12-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Aww, Congrats! :)

Jcowgirl77
12-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Merryg
My parents just called to surprise me that they will come to visit for Christmas!! I was getting a little homesick. We moved away from home (TX) a little over a year ago. Now we live in Arizona - away from all family and friends. I am sooo excited that they are coming. I wasn't expecting them to. Merry Christmas to me!! \

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WE MOVED FROM PA 6 YEARS AGO AND ALL OUR FAMILY IS THERE I NOW LIVE IN MESA AZ
MY DAD AND MY STEPMOM COME OUT EVERY YEAR AND I GO BACK THERE EVERY YEAR IF I DIDNT I WOULD HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN...