PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to be a whiner but....

siniej
12-08-2002, 11:12 AM
I signed up for a secret pal thing in September and have sent my secret pal three boxes, as of yet I haven't recieved anything. I have emailed the person who was in "charge" of pairing us up, etc... and she will not email me back. I have emailed her three times now. What should I do? I don't want to stop sending to my secret pal cuz she is just tooo sweet to do that to, but I want to know what is up with mine???
What should I do guys?
siniej1@iwon.com

**Update: I have finally gotten in contact with the gal who matched people up, only to learn that the secret pal contact list has been deleted from their computer. She says she would love to help me but cannot. I am not blaming her, but am just very frustrated, and will not sign up again unless there is some kind of confirmation or someone takes responsibility for the whole thing. And I WILL keep sending to my secret pal cuz she is just the sweetest thing!

dream walker 2
12-08-2002, 11:41 AM
This is why I didn't sign up for the secret pal, It sounds like a great idea, but to many people have had complaints just like yours. They send to their secret pal but never hear from the secret pal thats supposed to be sending to them. be it emails gifts or whatever, but good luck finding your other secret pa.

bngomom
12-08-2002, 07:10 PM
The same thing happened to me. I just decided to enjoy the person I send to. She is very nice and I have loved doing things for her. I just signed up for the new secret pal thing and hope this works out better. I guess the old saying " its better to give that receive" is right but it sure does get old sometimes.

Merryg
12-08-2002, 07:32 PM
:( Sorry to hear that! I know the secret pal I have is WONDERFUL! Hopefully the originator of that signup can contact your secret pal that was assigned to you and see what's up? A simple card would have been nice at least to say what the hold up is - huh? Remember you are not necessarily paired up with the one you are sending to - then it wouldn't be a secret! Good luck!

Tasha405
12-08-2002, 07:36 PM
I never heard anything from mine either. :(

eeigh33
12-08-2002, 07:50 PM
I know...I have heard from my first one only once...she sent a package that was wonderful, but would like to hear email from her so I could get know her...oh well, she must be busy....

Then I joined another...I got several emails and a package from this one, but have not heard from her for a couple of months either...

If either of you are out there....HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all is going well with you!

Tasha405
12-08-2002, 07:56 PM
I never got an e-mail or anything from mine. :(

Maybe they didn't like me and thats why I never heard anything from them. :confused:

Willow
12-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Maybe some people just sign up hoping to receive things but never carry out their end of it. Even if you can't send them something as often as you might like to at least email the person to let them know you're thinking about them.

siniej
12-08-2002, 08:04 PM
I totally agree Autumn! Not everyone can afford to mail things all the time, but an ecard is just as great.

Tasha... want to be my unsecret secret pal? I would love to adopt you. email me siniej1@iwon.com

:D

spongebob
12-08-2002, 09:19 PM
i am starting a birthday club so if you guys want to join that you can.. and you only send to one person.. i did a friends one that i will do again after the holidays.. but on mine who you have will also have you... sorry not to take over your post...but if your interest and these please let me know..

dsw@iowatelecom.net

suziebee20
12-08-2002, 09:55 PM
The person I send to hasn't been on in ages... sent her a bunch of e-cards and a letter... not sure if she ever got them. Sorry your SP hasn't been sending you anything. Mine's been real sweet, as for the person I send to- I dunno whats up with them.

Ladytiger
12-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Tasha..email me please;)

Wimzik
12-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tasha405
I never got an e-mail or anything from mine. :(

Maybe they didn't like me and thats why I never heard anything from them. :confused:

How could they not like you? you are one of the sweetest, nicest people at BBS!:) (((Tasha)))

I'm sorry so many of you had a bad experience with it.:(

janelle
12-09-2002, 12:10 AM
This is why I would rather sign up for the unsecret pals. At least they know who you are and vice versa so you can contact each other. It's too easy to get communications messed up when it's secret. I've had good luck with my unsecret pal.