PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis is most dangerous city in the US

chort1313
12-06-2002, 04:36 PM
(KSDK) -- St. Louis is ranking as the most dangerous city in the United States, based upon an analysis of FBI crime statistics.

The ranking comes from a Lawrence, Kansas publishing company, which puts out rankings of cities for education, health, and crime. St. Louis is seen as the most dangerous.

Using a six crime categories, St. Louis topped the list of big cities...in the company of Atlanta, Detroit, Gary, Indiana, and Baltimore.

Scott Decker, a criminologist at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, says the rankings are meaningless, since you can't compare city's head to head, but only compare the same city, year to year.

Decker says if you do that with St. Louis, St. Louis would be seeing a dramatic decrease in most crimes. In fact, Decker says St. Louis has seen a 60 percent drop in homicides, and this year may see the lowest murder rate in more than a decade.

Meanwhile, Decker says if the St. Louis region was counted, the region would be considered the 18th safest!

The safest cities: Amherst, New York, Brick Township, New Jersey, Newton, Massachusetts and two California cities, Thousand Oaks and Sunnyvale.
http://ksdk.com/news/news_article_lc.asp?storyid=32478

:(

flute
12-06-2002, 05:44 PM
doesn't surprise me tho :eek:

chort1313
12-06-2002, 05:45 PM
its my favorite town, it rocks!!!
Um, GOO.. are you ok?! :D St. Louie has it's fun moments.. but It's not my favorite. Guess I have just lived here too long!

chort1313
12-06-2002, 05:49 PM
WOW. Than you need to give me some pointers on where to hang out!! I'm going out tonight, but we're staying on the IL side. So where, where, where?!? I don't like the landing too much---but some places are ok! :)

nosamiam
12-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey goo!!!

St.Louis would be way more fun with you!

flute
12-06-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by baby_froggy_69
I'm a 10 minute drive from Gary.
AKA : Birthplace of Michael Jackson
AKA : EX Murder Capital of the World :eek:

:eek: :eek:

chort1313
12-06-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by GOO
Hmmmmmm, if your staying on the Il side, there ain`t much to do, lol(I was in O`Fallon), but I loved going to "The Hill" to eat, seeing the Blues, Union Station, and going to Riverport(thinks its name is changed now), and then hitting Dave and Busters:D Yup. Guess I'm bored of it all.. Been there, done that.. many times over! I work out by UMB Pavillion (new name) and D& B's! :)