PDA

View Full Version : Strep throat

Wimzik
12-06-2002, 10:58 AM
I posted the other day about a strange rash my son had, it went away the next day so I thought it was nothing, Well my dot broke out with the same rash yesterday only much worse, so I took her to the dr. this morning and she has Strep throat:( I had them check me too cause I've had a sore throat, and yep, it was positive:rolleyes: Now my son and dh have to go get tested. Well at least now I know what was causing the rash.:rolleyes: :(

blueyez37811
12-06-2002, 11:19 AM
{{{Supermellie, son, dot, and dh}}} Strep is a nasty little bug. Hope you all feel well soon.

Just a reminder, just cause you feel better doesn't mean you don't have to take the full 10 days of antibiotic...take it all :)
Shhh...I'm so guilty of doing this!! Don't tell anyone!

Tasha405
12-06-2002, 11:21 AM
{{{{hugs}}}} I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

gabe
12-06-2002, 11:31 AM
I wish a speedy recovery to all!

cpbaby
12-06-2002, 12:08 PM
OH, I feel for yall. Both of my kids had it back in October. They both got ten days of antibiotics and took all of them. The baby(hes 8) broke out a few days later with sores onhis chin, right next to his lip. I thought they were fever blisters. After I ignored it, cause I thought it would go away, his heart started "fluttering".(he has a heart condition) I took him to the doctor and he had impetigo. He then got ANOTHER 10 days of antibiotics and a special cream to use. If yours gets a place on their faces, take them back to teh doctor, ok? It is HIGHLY contagious and they need a different antibiotic for it. Its caused by the strep going into a staph infection and coming out on or near mucus membranes.

{{{HUGGLES}}}

poohdinkle
12-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Hope you all are feeling better soon!

DreamWarrior
12-06-2002, 12:42 PM
***RUNS outta da thread SCREAMING!!***

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT STREP!!!! Keep away from me!!!!!

I am REALLY sorry to hear that you all have it... UGH! I know how it goes tho... all 3 of my munchkins have had it at one time... IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsSpeed
12-06-2002, 01:44 PM
I hope you're all feeling better soon. I used to get strep several times a year before I had my tonsils taken out. I've never had it since. I never had a rash though but my whole body just ached.

Wimzik
12-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the hugs:) Dh and my little guy were negative, thats good, but weird since my son was the first one to have the rash, he has had his tonsils out though maybe thats why? I had mine out when I was a kid though and I still got it:confused:
I promise to finish all the antibiotics:p I have made the mistake of quitting too soon before:o
cpbaby- thanks for the info, the doc did tell me to bring her back if the rash didn't clear up, and she might need more anitibiotics, I really hope the amoxicillin works though because she is allergic to a couple of other antibiotics.

cpbaby
12-06-2002, 03:06 PM
He was given amoxicillin for the strep and then cephalexin(generic for Keflex) for the impetigo.

As for the tonsils, nah, I still get strep every so often and I had my tonsils out when I was five. HOWEVER, I havent had tonsilitis since.