PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooooo sad

lameduch27
12-06-2002, 07:24 AM
First off,,,thank you to the person here who posted the petfinder site. I went on there to just check it out and found a very nice young lady who was adopting out her two leopard geckos for a very small adoption fee. I was so excited as my husband and I have been considering adding more to our family ( we have a male now), and this was perfect for us. Everything was going great as we emailed back and forth, except for the fact that he lives in Chicago area, and I am down here in Southern Illinois. She doesn't have a car, but, was gonna have a friend drive her to meet me half way. Well, I just got an email from her, and her friend doesn't want to drive her more than an hour. She was very apologetic, and said if I could drive all the way, she would give them to me with no fee. My problem is, my friend who was gonna go with me, works all week, and is only off on weekends, where as I work every weekend. My husband is working all the overtime he can, so he can't go either, (though he would love to). I was really looking forward to bringing those babies into my home, and now I don't know what I'm gonna do. Any help or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.:(

girlwithsoul
12-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Is there another friend that could go with you or is there a time when hubby and you could go together?

Good luck!!!

chort1313
12-06-2002, 07:29 AM
That sucks!!! I'm sorry. Would she consider holding them for you until you can get them? Maybe you could take a day off work on the weekend and go up there.? If that doesn't work, have you tried the local papers? I haven't seen many lizards listed lately, probably have to wait till it's a little warmer out. ???

chort1313
12-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Know anyone else who might be going to Chitown soon? I have friends going in Feb. :(

lameduch27
12-06-2002, 08:33 AM
Well, we just emailed back and forth, and I aked her if it was possible for her to hold them for me until I could get something figured out, and she said she would definitely hold them for me, because she wanted me to have them. My job is so hectic this time of year, that I can't take a weekend off. I don't allow the other girls to take off on the weekends, unless it's an emergency, so I couldn't very well take off for this,(gotta set a good example) though it's an emergency to me,, ;) But, business will be slowing down soon, (be nice to you photographer,,lol), so that I will be able to take the weekend off to go get them. Therefore, I feel better now, and maybe I'll get something figured out to where I can get them sooner, because I am sooo excited about it!

newwiccan
12-06-2002, 08:43 AM
That's great that you worked something out. :) How have you been? I haven't heard from you lately.

lameduch27
12-06-2002, 08:51 AM
{{{newwiccan}}}
Girl, I have been sooooo busy at work. I think they're trying to kill me,,lol. Waited and waited for you to bring the boy in. I got your message on my celly, but, by the time I got a chance to call you back, I was too tired to do anything. We'll get another Walts night in!
(Margarita's!)hehehehe.

chort1313
12-06-2002, 08:52 AM
That's wonderful! I hope you get your new family additions soon! :)

newwiccan
12-06-2002, 08:53 AM
I came by at least twice and you weren't there. I could go for Margaritas anytime. :D

lameduch27
12-06-2002, 09:00 AM
Thank you chort! I just wish I had them now. How awesome this girl is for this. Hubby and I have been wanting to add to our babies since we got our first one, but they are so expensive to get set up(for me anyway) You can't even adopt or buy a gecko around here for less than $60. And then there's the tank and lights they need. This girl is giving me ALL of it. In the beginning, she was only asking for $20 adoption fee, for both geckos, their home, the lights, bedding. And now she's just gonna give them to me. Can't get any better than that,,,well, I guess it could, say, like, she just lived next door to me,,,that would be better,,,lol.

lameduch27
12-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by newwiccan
I came by at least twice and you weren't there. I could go for Margaritas anytime. :D

Are you still at your mom's?

newwiccan
12-06-2002, 09:09 AM
No, I haven't been there since Sept.

sharinbo
12-06-2002, 09:31 AM
I'll check to see if there are any dog transports heading that way soon. Maybe they could tag along. It's a long shot, but couldn't hurt to try, right? We just got a Bearded Dragon and a Mali Uromastyx the other day from someone who had no choice but to put them up for adoption. They are awesome! Where in So. IL are you located? You can email me at swatson11 @ cox.net

sharinbo
12-06-2002, 10:27 AM
lameduch, can you please email or PM me ASAP? I don't live in IL, but I have two people, maybe more, who are trying to arrange a transport for your gecko babies, but it's hard for me to work it out cuz I'm not familiar with the town names. One person lives in the St. Louis area and says if someone could get them to from Chicago to Springfield, she could get them from Springfield to your town. Someone else just told me that if someone could get them within a 50 mile radius of Greenville, she could take them to you. So, little by little, we may be able to work something out.

newwiccan
12-06-2002, 10:31 AM
sharinbo, I emailed her also for you.