PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna come to my house?

Mini
12-03-2002, 07:57 PM
...WINTER STORM WARNING FOR WEDNESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING

any takers??:rolleyes: :D

adair
12-03-2002, 07:58 PM
ooooooohhh....sounds like a lot more fun than blowing dust that we get here

gonzo
12-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the laugh! I'm in southeast TN and I can bet the stores are already out of a lot of stuff. I'm from Ohio and use to the snow but these people down here go nuts! It's kinda fun to sit back and watch them. Oh and one snow plow per county so you know why they raid the stores in advance.

ksjayhawkfan
12-03-2002, 08:06 PM
lol I was jsut getting ready to post about snow! We have a winter weather warning for tonight and tomorow. I know its not as much as you got up there but I'll take all the snow I can get :)

eeigh33
12-03-2002, 08:28 PM
No thank you! lol...I think we have some headed our way and I am not looking forward to it!

nanajoanie
12-03-2002, 08:30 PM
I'm in Greensboro, NC. Went for bread and milk today:-) Our immediate area is expecting at least one inch of ICE before Thurs. am. So we are apt to have many trees and power lines down. Puter withdrawal time. Carolina Blue is expected to get near 1/2 inch in her area. Keep your fingers crossed that power doesn't go out. It will be mighty cold making coffee in a percolator on the gas grill outside.

cpbaby
12-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by eeigh33
No thank you! lol...I think we have some headed our way and I am not looking forward to it!

ME TOO!!! I already have given orders to the maintenience men at my work to have the doors open an hour early so I can ride with my DH in to work/school tomorrow.

ahippiechic
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gonzo
Thanks for the laugh! I'm in southeast TN and I can bet the stores are already out of a lot of stuff. I'm from Ohio and use to the snow but these people down here go nuts! It's kinda fun to sit back and watch them. Oh and one snow plow per county so you know why they raid the stores in advance.

I'm from TN also! I grew up there. If the forecaster predicts snow for the next day, they go ahead & cancel school for a few days, LOL!

I don't miss the snow yet, but would like for DD to get to see some when we visit TN in Jan.

kelblend
12-03-2002, 10:16 PM
We are supposed to get 1-2 inches from tomorrow evening till thursday morning. NOt tooo bad but I HATE SNOW!!!---sucky driving, wet carpets no matter what I do and a son who won't come in even when his pants are soaked through!!! (insert mr rolley eyes as he isn't available on quick reply). So BSB Nick Lover you can come here as there will probably be less and play with my kids in the snow!! I can hear you going yeah right hahahahahah lol

jcw
12-03-2002, 11:05 PM
They said we could have 5 to 6 inches of snow along with freezing rain and sleet. I like the snow but we don't need the ice

peacestar
12-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Im suppose to get snow here yeah!(sarcastic yeah) My power company is doing a "planned" power outage wednesday midnight to 4 am. Were using ELECTRIC heaters now because we need to buy a new furnace. So had hubby get out the kerosene heater (stinky)! So i'll be freezing!!!!!

dream walker 2
12-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Same here, supposed to start Wed evening, we are supposed to get up to 9 inches, OMG when they say we are getting 2in we usually get a foot where I live. I hate snow. I still have a couple inches in my yard. sun doesn't hit back here in the woods. Cold too. I guess I had better get my candles out. I want SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoodyBlues
12-04-2002, 05:09 AM
I live in RI and we are suppose to be getting the same thing. I went to the store yesterday to ipck up a few things and the shelves were almost bare. There was about 4 loaves of bread and two jugs of water. You can believe I snatched them up. Especially since I was out of BOTH. Hubby said on his way home he stopped to get gas and there was a line almost all the way around the cornor for people getting kerosene.

DreamWarrior
12-04-2002, 05:12 AM
Hmmmm... whats the word I'm looking for?........NO! LOL I live in north central Iowa and we havent realy gotten any measurable snow yet... so you can KEEP it!!!!

mrs.john
12-04-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by gonzo

I'm in Ohio, so I know what you mean. When we were in Virginia one year they got some snow and I couldn't believe how people acted! They even closed the malls 4 hours early! For a little bit of snow, lol. My sister was used to Ohio weather and her boyfriend was from Colorado, so it wasn't any big deal to us. We went out to eat and the only other people "brave" enough to be there was another couple from Ohio.

ksjayhawkfan
12-04-2002, 06:55 AM
Well somewhere in the night the trace to 2 inches we were supposed to get turned into 4 to 6 inches and its still snowing here in Kansas lol. I LOVE it!! Plus the kids have a snow day and thats even more fun! :) We live right by the sledding hill and its hilarious to watch the kids sled.

Mini
12-04-2002, 08:20 AM
woohoo out of school 4 hours early:D:D