PDA

View Full Version : Should I admit this to hubby?

Syrinx
12-03-2002, 04:05 PM
I had to use my husband's computer this afternoon to get some pictures off the digital camera, since it isn't compatible with my computer. Something had crashed and the mouse wouldn't work, so I had to restart it. Forgetting, that unlike my computer, his computer requires a password. This was around 3:00, and he's in class until after 7 tonight so I couldn't call him. I really wanted to get these pictures taken care of so I can post some more stuff on eBay tonight.

So I decided to try to guess his password. I started trying names of characters from Lord of the Rings.

I got it on the second try.

So should I tell him this or not? On one hand, he might think it's funny. On the other hand, while he won't care that I figured out his password, he might not be happy to find out how quickly I guessed it!

chort1313
12-03-2002, 04:31 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about. You'd be doing him a favor to let him know he needs to change his password to something others can't figure out! Add some numbers and Caps and lowercase in there!!

dcut4
12-03-2002, 04:48 PM
you had a very legit reason for trying to get it. I would fess up and let him know that he needs to be a little more inventive and not as predictable. second try..man it took me like 5-6 tries when I had to use my hubby's

renrut*
12-03-2002, 05:12 PM
nope i dont confess unless i am caught in the act-lol

nanajoanie
12-03-2002, 05:18 PM
I'd let him know ASAP. If you got into his stuff that quick, others can do it too. I think everyone needs to use a password that has something to do with you only and no one else...like an ancestor name, a pet goldfish you got from the dimestore when you were 5 yrs. old, a 5th grade teacher name, etc.

Syrinx
12-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I did think of that - that he might want to change it to something harder to guess. But then I thought- who besides me could guess it that easily? This was a hard to spell name and not a main character- I just know how he thinks!

eeigh33
12-03-2002, 06:27 PM
I would tell him. I know my husbands passwords. I do not see the big deal, why would he not want you to know his password anyway?

Quaker_Parrots
12-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Ok, answer this, is his set up to where he can tell when and how long it was used? you might want to tell him, before he finds out on his own and gets really PO'd at you

Willow
12-03-2002, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eeigh33
I would tell him. I know my husbands passwords. I do not see the big deal, why would he not want you to know his password anyway? [/QUOTE

I agree with eeigh33. Unless he has something to hide I don't see why he wouldn't want you to know his password.

sweetlady28
12-03-2002, 08:39 PM
I have Dh's passwords to most all his stuff, including e-mail. Does not bother him...
I would tell him and also ask for the new password in case you need to use his computer again, I use Dh's instead of mine sometimes too.