PDA

View Full Version : Rash question

Wimzik
12-02-2002, 06:31 PM
My son has a rash, he showed it to me a few minutes ago, it is on the tops and bottoms of his feet, and the tops and palms of his hands, nowhere else:confused: I have been looking on webmd but the only thing I could find that sounds like it is an allergy or hand, foot, and mouth disease, he doesn't have any allergies, and it isn't in his mouth so it has to be something else. Anyone know what it could be?? He is just getting over a cold, but he has felt fine today.:confused:

Tasha405
12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure, the first thing I thought of was the hand, foot and mouth disease. Maybe its measles or chicken pox? Does it itch or burn him or anything like that?

Wimzik
12-02-2002, 06:42 PM
He has had his measles and chicken pox shots, and it doesn't look like chicken pox. he said it hurts. I put some eucerin cream on it(thats the only thing I have on hand) I'm wondering if it could be the hand, foot, and mouth disease even if he doesn't have them in his mouth? I don't know:confused:

Tasha405
12-02-2002, 06:50 PM
I have no clue. :( I hope he gets to feeling better and it goes away. {{{hugs for you and him}}}

chort1313
12-02-2002, 07:12 PM
I've had hives in the same places. It looked like a rash, but it was really hives. They itched like heck and if I scratched they got bigger. Could it be hives?

Merryg
12-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Can you call his nurse hotline? Do you have that available to you?

Wimzik
12-02-2002, 08:03 PM
It does look like hives, I just can't figure out what he could have gotten it from:confused:
It hasn't spread or gotten any worse so I guess I will just keep an eye on him and if it does get worse I'll call the dr.
Thanks everyone!:)

chort1313
12-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I could never figure out what mine were from either. But I did figure it out. They always came on when I was hot. When I would get out of the shower, when I was in the sunlight, when I was laughing so hard---making myself hot. Oh, also when I sweated. I think you should still call the doctor. They put me on steroids and allergy meds for mine. The steroids helped--but not the meds since I take them every day any how. And, I just started getting these in the past two years! Now i can't get rid of them! I guess that's what long sleeves and pants are for. good luck!

callsheb
12-02-2002, 10:33 PM
i have the same thing right now but mine is from some meds that i had been taking and i have it on feet and hands if you scratch it it seems to get really bumpy and red and hurts and itch i was told to put a cortazone cream on it and take some benedryl for it. I still have it but not as bad then i broke out all over looked like i had the measles but not so this could be from food or maybe a new laundry soap he might have eaten something you dont know he is allergic to good luck cause i have been miserable with it makes me not want to go in a crowd they might think i have something else it is embrassing. I feel for your guy and will keep fingers crossed for him.

lisarae
12-03-2002, 06:38 AM
My son had the hand foot and mouth disease over the summer. It didn't seem to hurt his or anything though. He only had just a tiny, tiny place in his mouth and it didnt last as long as the feet and hands did. His looked like little water blisters, but was only on the bottom of his feet and between his toes, and palms of his hands and between fingers.
If that happens to be the problem, try not to let him around pregnant women. A friend of mine who was a teacher lost her baby due to the hand foot and mouth disease, and she was about 4-5 months along. My sister was pregnant when my son had it and the dr said not to worry about it. But just as a precaution..

Merryg
12-03-2002, 08:09 AM
How do the get this? I have two kids!! Always want to know about whats floating around out there!

mattsmommy
12-03-2002, 08:56 AM
really sounds like hand, foot and mouth disease. my ds had it over the summer. he never got any spots in his mouth inside, but his hands and feet had little red places on them. he wound up having red places outside his mouth as well-he was quite miserable for a few days too-nothing the docs can do-just give them tylenol.
one good thing-this broke my son from his bottle habit! It hurt him to suck a bottle, so he threw it down and got a cup and never looked back.

good luck!!

on how this is spread-it is VERY contagious-like chicken pox. spreads from kid to kid quickly-from touching, hands, etc. theyh have a fever too with this.

Wimzik
12-03-2002, 09:56 AM
It looks alot better today, he still has a few bumps but they aren't red like they were last night, whew! I'm so glad! My dot woke up with a 103 fever this morning, she must be getting the cold he had last week, and my oldest son is getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled this morning, so I have a feeling I'm going to be a busy Momma today!

Jolie Rouge
12-03-2002, 10:34 AM
*Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug* *Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug* *Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*H ug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**H ug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*Hug**Hug**Hu g**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*