PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need to know if I have and agp slot soon so I can stop the shipment in time!

biggarym4
11-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Help! I need to know if I have an agp slot. The slot I have is about half the size of a pci slot and is off set towards the side of the case. is this an apg slot? If not I need to stop the shippment to an $80 graphics card. Please help!

sweetlady28
11-25-2002, 09:21 PM
I have no idea but bumping in hopes someone does.

jan8262
11-26-2002, 11:29 AM
It sounds like an AGP slot.

Is your monitor plugged into a card in a slot now?
(That would be AGP)

Some motherboards have the built-in plugs for monitors, keyboards etc, but should still have AGP slot.

*I spoke to some people here at work (software company) and the consensus is, unless it is a really really really old computer, there will be an AGP slot there.

Hope this helps!

Tyt Budget
11-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by biggarym4
Help! I need to know if I have an agp slot. The slot I have is about half the size of a pci slot and is off set towards the side of the case. is this an apg slot? If not I need to stop the shippment to an $80 graphics card. Please help!

Darling, the slot is on the motherboard. Get your flashlight, and you will see it labeled directly on the motherboard. It will not be aligned with the other slots, it will be slightly offset.

You're very naughty! I instructed you in this last night tsk. Yes, you will have to look at the motherboard. Have a flashlight handy. You can do this. ;) Yes you can. ;)