PDA

View Full Version : POLL : What's the best way to lose weight?

Jolie Rouge
11-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Atkins diet 22%

Heart Assoc. diet 12%

Jenny Craig 2%

Weight Watchers 23%

Swear off french fries 15%

Go on 'Survivor' 25%

SERIOUSLY - what do ya'll think ?

chort1313
11-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Closest one I would say it "Cut out the french fries." I'm a firm believer in working out and watching what you eat. That's it!

erniemarie
11-19-2002, 10:37 PM
I would have to say the heart association diet - it reccomends what I found to be most effective, low fat high fiber diet along with exercise, the only way you are going to lose anything is to eat right and exercise, you didn't put it on overnight, you can't take it off overnight

lilybee2
11-19-2002, 11:15 PM
but the thing that helped me loose weight faster and better then anything was riding a bicycle and swimming,,i went from a size 16 to a size 5 one summer 3-4 months just swimming laps every other day

but if i where to choose a diet

SWEAR OFF FRENCH FRIES

FRENCH FRIES COOKED IN GREASE IS FAT,FAT TURNS TO SUGAR AND SUGAR PUTS ON THE WEIGHT

BUT THEN AGAIN IAM NO EXPERT,JUST MY OPINION! :D :D :D

shelanskey
11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
FRENCH FRIES COOKED IN GREASE IS FAT,FAT TURNS TO SUGAR AND SUGAR PUTS ON THE WEIGHT

I just wanted to say that the converse is true - SUGAR turns to FAT, and fat is stored in the body, to later be converted into energy. This is why if you eat 'Fat free' foods it really doesn't matter, it's the carbohydrates and calories that matter. Sorry, I'm a biochem student. Chemistry is my major and I know quite alot about the subject, :) But yes, the lipids in grease are also generally stored in the body, The best way to loose weight is exercise, that way the fat cells are converted into energy and used in the body!:)

dream walker 2
11-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Thats Great!!!. Good for you. I swam a lot this past summer and road my bike. The biking was great for my legs. They say swimming is the best all round exercise, because you use every muscle. I know what I am going to be doing a lot of next summer. LAPS and ride my bike. and of course watch what I eat. I do that anyway, except for one bad habit, I love my pepsi, no coffee, tea, milk, just pepsi. I can't take the diet, tried that. I do drink the flavored water Sams from wal-mart.
But it sounds like you did great. congratulations.!:)

Tadbit
11-21-2002, 05:58 PM
I say the best way to lose weight is to go on survivor, or cut your hands off and sew your mouth shut. LOL Just kidding. No, really, I think the best way to lose would to incoporate lots of fruits and vegetables into your diet, cut back on red meats and carbohydrates, and exercise like crazy. Myself, I love pasta, so there is no hope for me. LOL