PDA

View Full Version : Help - Thinking of starting a business....

mpmyers
11-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey all!
I'm thinking abuot starting a home business so that a few years from now DH and I decide to have kids I'll be able to stay home with them. What I need from you all -

1. Has anyone set one up and if so, how much time did it take for you to turn a profit?

2. Approx. how many hours a week do you put into it?

3. What type of ideas work?

I'm really leaning toward graphic arts and web design, both things that I have done in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! You can post here or email me at mpmyers_26@yahoo.com

Thanks!

mpmyers
11-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Bumping...

Gia
11-09-2002, 09:33 AM
Just bumping for you sweetie~Best of luck to you! :)

nanajoanie
11-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Get a good "shrink" first then good luck. I had an azalea business for a few years. Took over 80 hours a week. Did this about 4 years then made enough to pay our property taxes each year. Then did better and included paying the heat for the winter bill. Then we went in a drought and couldn't water and the plants died and the business kaput. I about needed a case of Prozac.

But whatever you decide, make sure you have your heart in it 150%. And good luck dear. Wish you every success:)

belle5691
11-09-2002, 06:24 PM
I am working a home based business. I joined in September of 2001, and got my investment back in less than one year. The investment was very minimal, and it is marketing legal service plans. At putting in less than 5 hours a week (very part time---) I make over $100.00. That goes up of course with the amount of time that I put into the business. The business I do is with an already established NYSX company, and I am simply an independant associate.