PDA

View Full Version : OK am I too old for this???

aprilwine2000
11-08-2002, 08:06 AM
I am a 31 yr old wife & mother of 2 and I am just completely ga-ga over a band...
yes...a band!!
I have this tingly energized got to sing and/or dance when I hear them,close my eyes and boogie around in the kitchen kind of reaction everytime I hear Matchbox 20.I haven't had a reaction like this since I was a teenager & I heard Garth Brooks sing "Shameless".(Hey...I like all music,I have been a singer all my life & I like all genres)
Not to mention Rob Thomas is a cutie pie,but his voice & lyrics just knock me over.Am I nuts or is this a mid life crisis...longing for "the good ol' days"?
This really has no point,just felt like blurting that out & I don't think my hubby would understand...he'd think I was nutso for sure...actually he already does...LOL!!!

Gia
11-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Not at all Crazy sweetie! I think its great! If it makes you feel good~and you enjoy them so much~it is a very good thing! YOU ARE NOT OLD I am 31 also~and I still feel like a kid myself sometimes~I love that feeling! Remember: We are only as old as we feel :) :p ~So keep on dancing in the kitchen and getting that tingly feeling~:D
{{{aprilwine2000}}}

http://www.marneysplace.com/ladiesgents/dancer.gif

jamireles
11-08-2002, 10:08 AM
It's good to be able to dance!! Some people are embarrassed to even dance by themselves! Dancing shows people that you are happy - I dance all the time - with my son, husband - whenever i'm in the mood. Helps get me motivated to do things - especially the one thing I need the most motivation for: cleaning...

Keep dancing!

ckerr4
11-08-2002, 11:00 AM
:D I saw them in concert once - well, it was a festival type concert, and they were one fo the first bands playing. That was when they were first becoming popular, and we were close to the front:p
But as for begin too old - well, my mom was at that concert too, so I don't guess you are!:D

aprilwine2000
11-08-2002, 11:49 AM
I had back up dancers this morning...3 toddlers shakin' their little tushies right along with me:p

And raven...I truly could just devour that man:D

Not that I don't still chase after my hubby's tight little tushie or want to nibble his earlobes when he comes home...but Rob is my secret celebrity crush I guess.LOL.

sadie01
11-08-2002, 01:45 PM
I actually met the band several years ago...geez, almost 5 or so now... Right when they were getting big, a radio station here had a "free" concert at the Hard Rock Cafe. I dated a guy who was working there, and even though I didnt win an invite from the station( the only way to go) I still went.
I hung out in the back of the restaurant before the show and was talking to Rob, and didnt even know it!! LOL..after the show, and about 12 Sam Adams later, I was meeting the band, hanging out with the drummer etc... I waseven asked if I wanted to come back to the hotel and have a drink... My responce..."I'm with that" pointing to my man at the time... lol..
They were all really nice and the drummer remembered me a year later at a new years eve party thing...he ran into me while getting a beer and said, i remember you..hard rock cafe, black pleather pants, we matched that night.... really neat.

jaybird
11-08-2002, 01:47 PM
sadie>>>My dot met Matchbox too. About 5 or so years ago. A free concert at Union Station, downtown St. Louis. They actually hung out with the guys for a few hours afterwards. Very cool, down-to-earth guys. We have autographs, drumsticks, and Rob Thomas' teeshirt STILL nailed to her bulletin board in her room here! (she's going on 23 now, and has her own place. Maybe I should try to sell the stuff on eBay?) :D

aprilwine2000
11-08-2002, 02:18 PM
they are going to be making rounds on the night time talk shows next week to promote the new album...
better make sure I stay awake long enough to catch it!!
I read that the band donated one of their old vans to an animal shelter in NY to sell on eBay.Nice to know they are animal lovers too!

Who couldn't fall for a face like this...

http://www.boomspeed.com/aprilwine/50bp.jpg

sadie01
11-08-2002, 02:54 PM
Makes ya want to pinch his cheeks, hu??
:eek: But wich ones :eek:

schsa
11-08-2002, 03:01 PM
If you're too old at 31 then I should be in a wheel chair at 46.

Never too old to be young.

nanajoanie
11-08-2002, 04:38 PM
OK everyone. Take a seat and take a deep breath. I'm 62 and I love Em & Em. Don't hit me!! Matchbox is cool. I even like Britney, N'SYNC, Aguilar, Alan Jackson, Shania, Hank Williams, the Macaraena, a dreamy waltz on the beach......I am a music lover PERIOD. I've even been know to listen to Glenn Miller or Pavrotti.

Music knows no age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!