PDA

View Full Version : My son is gone......

ahippiechic
11-06-2002, 07:18 PM
:( He left at 3:30 this afternoon. Now I am gonna sit here & wait till he calls when he gets to TN on Friday! But we had a good visit, he actually seems to be growing up some & taking some responsiblity for himself. I hope so, anyway! :) I get to see him again in April, when I go back for a visit. That seems like a long time! :(

Jcowgirl77
11-06-2002, 07:26 PM
I am glad that you and your son had as great visit april will be here before you know it

odyssey
11-06-2002, 07:26 PM
you have the good memories from his visit which is great.

jaybird
11-06-2002, 07:30 PM
Awww, I'm sorry sweetie. But look at what a great, long visit you had. He was first only staying the weekend, right? I'm glad you enjoyed each other's company, and isn't it nice to see things that you might not notice if you were around him every day? (i.e., the 'growing up and taking responsibility' bit) Sometimes we just don't see what's right under our noses.

April's just right around the corner. Count by holidays, it's shorter. ;) Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter. See, only 4 days!!! :D

ahippiechic
11-06-2002, 07:33 PM
LOL@jaybird! TY. :)

tina z
11-06-2002, 07:43 PM
((((((hippie))))))))

mesue
11-08-2002, 01:05 AM
I know that feeling of missing them even before they walk out the door, I guess I'm like you I always wanted mine close by but I also wanted them to do what they wanted and to have a great life, somehow keeping them close by and them having the other things just conflict in my case. All my in-laws couldn't wait for theirs to grow up and leave home and me I just wanted mine at home, well mine all moved to another state except for my son who has joined the army, moved to another state several times but for now is home to stay a little while but I keep seeing that wanting to get away look in his eyes, funny thing is the in-laws who all wanted theirs to leave can't get rid of theirs, go figure. They say to be sucessful parents that we raise our children to get out on their own and become their own person, whether you like it or not you did something right. LOL I sometimes don't like it either. Oh an both of mine are in Tennessee too.

mesue
11-08-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by slashsteelsbutterfly
I wish I could see mine.. havent seen him in 8 years
(((((((((((((((((slashsteelsbutterfly))))))))))))) )))) I'm one of those that is always sticking her big foot in her mouth but why has it been that long?