PDA

View Full Version : Legalizing Marijuana?

Tigerseye0420
11-02-2002, 05:57 PM
On AOLs page last night their was a poll asking if it should be legalized....i was a little suprised at the results as of when i took it last night!

It is for under 3 ounces by the way :)

80% of those who voted said YES
20% of those who voted said NO

What does everyone here think?

denisemm
11-02-2002, 06:34 PM
I say YES!!!

adair
11-02-2002, 06:35 PM
might as well legalize it.......afterall, alcohol is legal

juliegirl78
11-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by adair
might as well legalize it.......afterall, alcohol is legal

Adair, this is *not* an attack on you, so please don't take it as such... But I think this is part of what scares me about laws like this getting passed... Oh, alcohol is legal; might as well legalize marijuana. What will be legalized next? I don't have particularly strong feelings about this issue, won't defend either side valiantly or anything, I just don't know...

TheLtsLady
11-02-2002, 06:47 PM
NO

adair
11-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by juliegirl78

Adair, this is *not* an attack on you, so please don't take it as such... But I think this is part of what scares me about laws like this getting passed... Oh, alcohol is legal; might as well legalize marijuana. What will be legalized next? I don't have particularly strong feelings about this issue, won't defend either side valiantly or anything, I just don't know...

No offense taken at all julie. It is just that marijuana is here and has been here for a long time. Heck, the sailing ships had to find something else to use in the 1800s because the sailors were smoking the rope!

I am not a user of marijuana but know there are people that could really use it for medicinal purposes. If legalized, they can "smoke the rope" and not be abusers/users and not spend time in jail.

Most interesting of it all will be to see how the states and the government will handle it all.

sharinbo
11-02-2002, 07:51 PM
Yes, DEFINITELY!

bears984
11-02-2002, 08:22 PM
I think that it should be that might cut back on some and it might not however I don't think that it will ever be a legal drug as the govenment can not control it if it is and they are not going to allow any thing that they can not control.

Tigerseye0420
11-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Bears...i have to disagree with you...it is already somewhat legalized in certain areas...i think that if it is put up to vote (as it is supposed to be) i think it will pass...as long as us people get to vote on it....

I think Alcohol is worse than marijuana to be honest...it costs MANY more lives than smoking pot does and i think IMO that i would rather pot be legal than alcohol.....but it doesnt matter to me either way as i dont really drink (dont like it not for me) and i dont smoke pot either...

But if i were to vote i think i would vote YES

chort1313
11-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Yes.

trufflez
11-02-2002, 08:35 PM
My best friend in her 30's has degenerative spine disease and has already had two spinal fusions. She has been on every pain pill and shot including morphine and oxicontin. The ONLY thing that helped her was smoking a joint with friends. She drove to my place before driving home and it was first time I had seen her smiling, laughing and not throwing up in months!!!

Besides alcohol kills, marijuana doesn't.
FYI- I don't smoke it but I don't condemn those that do.

stresseater
11-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Yes, but I feel sorry for smokers when they do. The government will controll and tax the crap out of it. So instead of paying $90 an oz. It will be like $125.00:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
But hey at least you won't have to go to jail when you relax.;) ;) ;)

irrelevant0
11-02-2002, 11:50 PM
i don't see why not.

hblueeyes
11-03-2002, 05:58 AM
I think it should be legal. If the criminal element is taken out,like with alcohol after prohibition it can benefit us all by adding additional tax dollars to our government on the state,federal and local levels.

Personally I have, in the past of my youth, have smoked. I can tell you from experience, I would rather drive on the road with 50 high drivers than 1 guy/gal behind the wheel drunk. I was driving on a road with a posted speed limit of 45 mph. I thought I'd better slow down since I thought I was speeding only to discover I had to speed up because I was going about 30 mph. When was the last time a drunk drove too slow due to alcohol.

We have had presidents who didn't inhale and a governor hopeful who pretended to try it. Come on, give me a break.

Legalize it, tax it, remove the criminal element and give people jobs. The saying that it leads to other things doesn't wash. I know people who have smoked for yearssss and have done nothing more.
Besides then if this statement were to hold true then alcohol would lead to pot use and I do not believe that happens.

FYI: Pot was not made illegal until the 1920s.

moocher
11-03-2002, 07:07 AM
YES YES YES!!

CHERNL
11-03-2002, 07:27 AM
YES!!!!!!

marquez8370
11-03-2002, 07:31 AM
YES ! YES ! YES ! :D :D :D

bluelady2
11-03-2002, 08:26 PM
YES

allyson101
11-03-2002, 08:32 PM
All you hear about is drunk drivers, not people dieing because the driver had a buzzz. Don't see why not. What epople do on thier own time is none of my business! Enjoy!

Jcowgirl77
11-03-2002, 08:54 PM
I think it should be legal like someone said it has been here for a long time and drinking does kill lives I dont smoke pot but i know people who do and out of those people i dont know anyone addicted to it like crack or cocaine

Tigerseye0420
11-03-2002, 11:28 PM
:) i am really happy that everyone has been honest.

My MIL and Mother and father all will vote for it if they have the chance to...i would too but i registered to vote but still ahvent got my card :confused: oh well LOL!! I dont think it needs my vote to be honest...i think if it is voted on most likley it will be passed....so many people think it should be legal..!

bears984
11-04-2002, 12:03 AM
It's been many moon's seince we have smoked the peace pipe!!!!!!

DOOFIS
11-04-2002, 06:22 AM
YES! :D :D :D

voliver6
11-04-2002, 07:02 AM
I don't smoke it myself. I can't say I wouldn't if it were legal, though.

I also say take the criminal element out of it.

How much terrorism do we really support because it's illegal? How many cops, kids and other innocents are killed each and every yr because it's illegal? Besides, the revenues from it would/could help to build more homes, shelters, and create jobs.

And yes, I'd rather be around someone who's smoked than someone who's drunk--anyday! This coming from a family of alcoholics, I say Yes!

Njean31
11-04-2002, 07:02 AM
YES

MommyG3
11-04-2002, 07:24 AM
Yes, if nothing more than medical reasons, yes. I have smoked it. I suffer from migraines and feel that if I could smoke it when I have a migraine, it would probably do me wonders.

kimp67
11-04-2002, 07:39 AM
Would have to vote yes also. I don't smoke it, but know lots of people that do. I would also have to agree with those here that think it's less dangerous than alcohol!