PDA

View Full Version : Ok I know I'm early but has anyone heard anything on the after Thanksgiving sales?

Angelseyes28
10-31-2002, 09:08 AM
My best friend and I are COMPLETELY obsessed! We are like little kids waiting for Christmas except we are waiting for the after Thanksgiving sales lol. Has anyone seen any of the sales lists yet? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me something, anything!! I will settle for just a scrap of info.....I need a fix!!:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

eve17
10-31-2002, 09:34 AM
I need a fix!! lol me too been wondering the same thing :)

captorquewrench
10-31-2002, 10:17 AM
I don't know about local.......but i know someone who works for the printing company that does the ad papers for a BIG national chain store that most of us know & love

will see if they have printed yet and will email individually. i don't think it would be right to post publicly.

I'll see him sundayish, and let y'all know ASAP

Angelseyes28
10-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by captorquewrench
I don't know about local.......but i know someone who works for the printing company that does the ad papers for a BIG national chain store that most of us know & love

will see if they have printed yet and will email individually. i don't think it would be right to post publicly.

I'll see him sundayish, and let y'all know ASAP

LOL thanks capt.....I'll try to keep my withdrawal symptoms down to a minimum until then;)

Of course that doesn't mean that I wouldn't welcome info from anyone else who might have it...hint hint:D

wingsfan
10-31-2002, 11:03 AM
Oh, good, I'm not the only one who wonders about stuff like this in October :D :D :D I wanna know NOW! LOL

Widgetsx3
10-31-2002, 11:07 AM
lol...I have my outfit prepared, and am already starting to stretch out for the Thanksgiving Shopping! I start Thanksgiving am at K-mart...especially if their ad comes out that day for the next day...I buy what I know will be on sale the next day so I have it, and with their 30 day price guarantee...I just go to CS in the am and have them return the difference. But mainly go there for the 70% off all Gold! Woohoooooo....let the power shopping begin.....KB Toys here I come....lookout Target!

Mommyt6
10-31-2002, 01:06 PM
This is a BIG deal with my family. We get up EARLY for some b-fast then off to the shopping. We have a 40 min drive to where the sales are but we have a GREAT time. Then we come home and put up the tree and decorate the inside of the house. The outside lights are all put up early because Hubby and Dad don't like putting them up in the snow-Picky-Picky. In fact the outside lights are going up this weekend. It is COLD but no snow yet and they don't want to press their luck.

miccit
10-31-2002, 01:52 PM
I can't wait until the after Thanksgiving sales!!! I always go to Walmart first thing in the morning. The last two years the cops had to come and break up fights though!

I spend part of Thanksgiving morning going through the ads and then making lists by department. I have a whole system for these sales. DH and the kids think I am nuts!

Tigerseye0420
10-31-2002, 02:03 PM
If i dont get my xmas shopping done online before then...me and my new baby (will be born not long before then) and MIL will all have to go shopping for a bit...not too long of course with new baby...but cant leave him home with FIL either LOL!! I think FIL would go nuts!

Thamlet
11-01-2002, 06:31 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor Angelseyes........ :rolleyes: :p

Only 28 more days til Black Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :cool: :p

miccit
11-01-2002, 07:47 AM
What is black Friday? Never mind, I know what you mean now.

Thanks anyway!

chort1313
11-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by miccit
What is black Friday? Never mind, I know what you mean now.

Thanks anyway! HAHAHAHAH!!!! Day after Thanksgiving.. I used to work retail for 7 years and I hated working Day After Turkey day!!!! It totally sucked!!!! people trying to mow you over for the deals!! Now, I stay home where I'm safe!! I could care less about any 'deals!' I got most of my shopping done and hope to have it completely done by Black Friday!

miccit
11-01-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by chort1313
HAHAHAHAH!!!! Day after Thanksgiving.. I used to work retail for 7 years and I hated working Day After Turkey day!!!! It totally sucked!!!! people trying to mow you over for the deals!! Now, I stay home where I'm safe!! I could care less about any 'deals!' I got most of my shopping done and hope to have it completely done by Black Friday!

I am suffering from major brain drain this morning. Maybe I can blame it on zombies and call in sick! ;)

Angelseyes28
11-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Thamlet
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor Angelseyes........ :rolleyes: :p

LMAO Bite me Tham!!!:p :p :p

Momof2Girls
11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Bumping! (getting antsy!):D

bulldog6186
11-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Any list out there yet?

:)

Widgetsx3
11-11-2002, 12:03 PM
18 days and counting.....woohooooooo!!!

cpbaby
11-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I want in on any lists of sales, if possible.

cpbaby@usa.com

THANKS!!!

Gumball1960
11-11-2002, 05:01 PM
If you have a Meijer near you, they've had some great deals in the last few years too. :)

This year will have to be different for me though, I'll have to take my 3 yr. old with me. With my mother in the hosp. (and not likely to be out before then) if I want to shop early, my dot will have to come too.

Ladytiger
11-11-2002, 05:14 PM
NOPE, will not do it!! After getting knocked in the head with a Nintendo64, blacking out in the store (Best Buy), AND having to go to the emergency room, to find that I had a concussion (Best Buy paid for it all)...nope, not going to risk my life again, people are absolutely crazy, not to mention the parking! They do have some great sales on the Net too. And Raven, I am with you, b/f and I go after Christmas, late at night and get excellent deals!!
Good luck to all of you!;)

siniej
11-11-2002, 08:01 PM
I am a manager for Target, and was the lucky... or should I say unlucky one who was the LOD last Black Friday, so I got to open the doors. There were over 300 people waiting outside to get in and once I got one side of one set of doors open, people were piling through it. HOW RUDE!!! THey didn't even care that I was there, and didn't care that they would get in faster if they allowed me to open both sides!! This year there will be three of us opening doors!
Good luck to everyone who goes out shopping on Black Friday, there are some fantastic deals, but you do have to be quite early to take advantage of many of them as they are limited.

Happy Shopping guys, and PLEASE BE NICE TO THE TARGET TEAM MEMBERS!
:D

Widgetsx3
11-12-2002, 03:28 PM
I kidnapped this poem from another thread (posted by Jcowgirl77) and modified it to suit my shopping needs:

Twas the night of Thanksgiving but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The sales they beckoned--- the thrill of the fight
but I fought the temptation for most of the night.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a sale became infatuation.

So I raced to the ads I had placed on the floor,
and plotted and planned as I exited the door.

I picked up my best friend and to the store we rode
Then we stood in line in the bitter cold.

As we spoke with our competition for the sale
We realized compared to us, their preparation paled.

We had maps of the store, and a multi-faced attack,
I hit the front of the store, while she cased the back.

We managed to yell as they opened the doors
Happy Shopping to all---but that is not yours!
Happy Shopping