PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the movie "Far & Away"?

suziebee20
10-30-2002, 06:14 PM
We watched it in history today, and I was sick throwing up so I missed it. I have a big assignment on it, and go figure that Blockbuster has rented out both copies- probably to other students, lol. Can anyone answer these or know where I can find a website with this info?

What country are the 2 main characters escaping from and why are each of them leaving?

What do they both do when they reach their new country to earn $$?

What does the male try out for a "job" to raise extra $$?

Why do they decide to head West?

Thanks to anyone who can offer help of any kind :)

waterfowl
10-30-2002, 07:30 PM
I think they were from Ireland?
They both worked in a chicken factory.
Tom Crusie becomes a boxer/fighter
She wanted land very badly,
he just wanted to get away from the east and decided to try for land in the west. They end up running into each other.

suziebee20
10-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Thanks so much! That's exactly all the info I needed :) ((((waterfowl))))

waterfowl
10-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Your welcome

odyssey
10-30-2002, 11:40 PM
hey suziebee20 when are you due? do you know or want to know the sex of the baby?

suziebee20
10-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by odyssey
hey suziebee20 when are you due? do you know or want to know the sex of the baby?

Due in March, and were planning on waiting to find out the sex... well, I dunno if I can wait that long though!

Princess4J
10-30-2002, 11:58 PM
Another off the topic question for you,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by suziebee20
My sisters church here does "trunk-or-treat" where the kids go trick or treating around the church parking lot and everyone loads their trunks with candy, games, face painting...

Hope you guys have a fun and safe Halloween!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suziebee20,
what Church is this ??

only asking because the Church we were going to
was doing the same thing. Just wondering if
it's the same Church. Is it in Redlands ??
The Rock ?

suziebee20
10-31-2002, 12:01 AM
It's "Maple Veiw", somewhere around here in California. Thats pretty neat, sounds like a good idea. My church doesn't do it, but I'm not going trick-or-treating anyway :cool: