PDA

View Full Version : The Ring, Jackass, or White Oleander..

chort1313
10-29-2002, 07:55 AM
What one should I see tonight?!!? I'm kind of thinking "White Oleander" or "The Ring." I can wait for Jackass!!! I'm going to try to see one tonight and tomorrow night.

Donnagg123
10-29-2002, 08:01 AM
What one should I see tonight?!!? I'm kind of thinking "White Oleander" or "The Ring." I can wait for Jackass!!! I'm going to try to see one tonight and tomorrow night.

Sorry to change the subject, but.........
This made me think of the other day. I was watching TV and some guy wanted to boycott Jackass because his 12 year old mimicked one of the stunts and set himself on fire, and I was thinking WTF is a 12 year old going to see Jackass for anyway???!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Angel~Chihuahua
10-29-2002, 08:12 AM
well i would personally see white oleander. i have seen the ring, not the new version, i saw the first version which was all in japanese, very entertaining, but i read white oleander and i thought it was an awesome book.

chort1313
10-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Great!! I want to see the original "Ring" also. I will probably see "White Oleandor" since I can just go straight there after work.

ksjayhawkfan
10-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Im goin to Jackass tonight. Its my all time favorite show:D

gemini26
10-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Heck, I would go see Jackass. Always great to get a good laugh. Hey, Chort, how come you aren't in the secret santa this year?

chort1313
10-29-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey, Chort, how come you aren't in the secret santa this year? You just had to go and ask me that, didn't ya? Last year I signed up for all kinds of things so I was kind of burnt. But this year... I guess one wouldn't hurt.. Thanks, gemini!! (())

jaybird
10-29-2002, 09:36 AM
White Oleander

Did you read the book Chorty? The movie is -wow- very good movie, very intense.

chort1313
10-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by jaybird
White Oleander

Did you read the book Chorty? The movie is -wow- very good movie, very intense.

NOoo, I want to read the book before I see the movie, but the movies just looks soooo good!!!!! So i guess I'll read the book later although I hate reading books after the seeing the movies!

sunnydazed
10-29-2002, 09:56 AM
I saw White Oleander and wasn't really impressed. Of course, I never read the book. It was missing something. I though it would be more of a thriller, but it played more like a movie on Lifetime. JMHO! Everyone else may love it.

treasurymae
10-29-2002, 10:05 AM
White oleander

The book was great and i cant wait to see the movie

captorquewrench
10-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by sunnydazed
I saw White Oleander and wasn't really impressed. Of course, I never read the book. It was missing something. I though it would be more of a thriller, but it played more like a movie on Lifetime. JMHO! Everyone else may love it.

i thought i was the only one that thinks this looked like a lifetime movie!!!

chort....im in the minority here. the ring looks like the best pick of these 3, although I'd wait until it was available on video and go see ghost ship instead!

shell76
10-29-2002, 11:16 AM
I watched The Ring yesterday and I LOVED IT!!!!! Really creepy, cool ending, good movie! Highly recommended!

sunnydazed
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
I am glad you felt the same way! I bet Lifetime is the first station to broadcast it. I do want to pick up the book now at the library. It has too be better than the movie, which was average in my opinion. But I am glad that I went by myself. I wouldn't want to drag my hubby into another 'chick flick'!

janelle
10-29-2002, 12:17 PM
We usually pick the movie that fits into our schedule so that decides it for us. LOL. I always go for a comedy if possible though with what is going on in the world we all need as many laughs as we can get.

It's a crap shoot as to watching the movie first or reading the book first. Both ways can disappoint you, just depends.

chort1313
10-29-2002, 12:57 PM
good think i like lifetime movies! lol!

eeigh33
10-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Definitely "The Ring." If picking out of the 3 that is. Hubby and I saw it last weekend. I think Jackass looks like one that will be out on video very soon. I do not know much about White Oleander, except that the previews did not much appeal to me.

starsfall
10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
jackass!

i heard the ring was a TERRIBLE movie and that it couldn't scare a 9 year old!

what horror movie is pg-13?

i have seen a TON of horror movies and the ring looks like it couldn't scare me cause the effects are quite lame!

the ending is just as bad as the movie itself!

i rather watch jackass anyway!

at least it's actual LEGIT comedy NOT your average,run of the mill,cliche comedy!

oh by the way jackass HAS disclaimers and if your stupid enough to ignore them then you DESVERE to get hurt!

it's not johnny knokville's fault you didn't read the disclaimer!

gemini26
10-29-2002, 05:36 PM
Chort- Sorry you were burnt! The secret santa went ok for you though! ;)

chort1313
10-30-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by gemini26
Chort- Sorry you were burnt! The secret santa went ok for you though! ;) Totally cunfusaled here! lol! :)

.....BUT YES, I LOVED MY SECRET SANTA GIFTS. I WONDER WHO THEY WERE FROM? lol :)

DOOFIS
10-30-2002, 10:57 AM
So what did you see? I can't wait to see Jackass we have some episodes taped.

chort1313
10-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DOOFIS
So what did you see? I can't wait to see Jackass we have some episodes taped. Nothing. :( I was going to see "The Ring," but my bf wanted to go and he had to work so we agreed to see it tonight!

chort1313
10-31-2002, 06:24 AM
JMO... The Ring flat out SUCKED. It was too entirely LAME for my taste. I probably would have liked White Oleander better! lol!!!

I'm ready for some good, hurtful (haha) laughing so I might see Jackass on Friday night.. but probably not because there's so many I want to see this weekend!

ahippiechic
11-07-2002, 07:52 PM
The Rine was just OK, White Oleander was good, and Jackass was mostly stupid.

chort1313
11-07-2002, 07:57 PM
yeah, i think i'll rent it... I'm not in the mood for 'stupid' any time soon.

aerofx
11-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Daughter and I were so excited about seeing White Oleander as we both have read the book. Man, were we disgusted with the movie. I don't see how it makes any sense to anyone who hasn't read the book. The movie is so chopped up...through the whole thing we were pointing out to one another the missing parts. BAD MOVIE. GREAT BOOK.

Amen to that! I was so pissed off that they left out half of the movie & it's true- unless you read the book, most of it won't really make sense. I was so excited to see which actors/actresses they would pick to play the characters and of course they left out all the interesting parts. :mad: :(