PDA

View Full Version : My kids need your good thoughts and good vibes

MsLynn
10-26-2002, 04:29 PM
My two oldest sons talked to their dad today, who told them he had surgery yesterday for testicular cancer. the cat scan still showed 3 more places in his pelvis and it has spread to the lymphnodes in the groin area. he had to undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and possibly more surgery. My boys are only 7 & 9 and are having a hard time understanding this and knowing that all people don't die from cancers. I'm trying to answer their questions, but finding the answers that they can understand is the hardest part.

Please send your thoughts and prayers.

Tasha405
10-26-2002, 04:40 PM
My brother just went through this a year or so ago. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}}

ajksmom
10-26-2002, 07:18 PM
I am so sorry for you children to have to go through this. I know that at those ages children understand alot that not everybody loses the battle with cancer but they also understand enough to really scare them. I hope that all goes well for their father and that they will have him around for a long long time.

magenta
10-27-2002, 06:33 PM
You have my thoughts and prayers.

My friend is going through chemo now for testicular cancer. His children are 9 and 11, a little older but still hard on them.

Best wishes to all involved!

jaybird
10-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Perhaps you can check your local hospitals or oncology clinics for support groups exclusively FOR children. It might help if your sons could talk to someone going through something similar, or to a professional that can explain that not all cancers kill.

Good luck!

((((( )))))

Dolly<3
10-27-2002, 07:27 PM
I bet they're so scared. :(

{{{{{{hugs to all of you}}}}}} and
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ good vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tina z
10-27-2002, 07:31 PM
((((((((KML and sons)))))))))

Widgetsx3
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
KissMsLynn: Prayers coming your way. I am a Cancer Survivor....13 years now. There are lots of us out there.

Try: http://www.cancer.org/ There are links to Survivors, Support Groups, Specific Cancer Type Questions/Information

This page has links to the following: http://www.cancer.org/eprise/main/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_6x_Children_and_Cancer?sitearea=

Dealing with a Cancer Diagnosis in the Family

Helping Your Child Deal with a Cancer Diagnosis in the Family

Helping Your Child Deal with a Family Member's Cancer Treatment

Helping Your Child Deal With A Cancer Recurrence or Progressive Illness in the Family

You need to scroll down on the above page. Hope this helps a little

MsLynn
10-29-2002, 10:34 AM
thanks so much I'll check out those links, and I will check to see if one of the hospitals has anything for kids.

THANKS YA'LL

kelblend
10-29-2002, 11:21 AM
{{{KissMsLynn and kids and son's dad)))