PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone able to get into chat through mIRC?

Angelseyes28
10-25-2002, 10:34 AM
My comp has been freaking out on me and when i couldnt get into chat i finally got ticked off and deleted it and then reinstalled it but it still isnt connecting to server!! Is it just me or is it mIRC? This is driving me crazy!

Tasha405
10-25-2002, 10:38 AM
:eek: Mine isn't working either!

Angelseyes28
10-25-2002, 10:39 AM
Oh whew...thank goodness....oh wait.....maybe i blew up mIRC!!!!:eek: :eek: {{{tash}}}

kelblend
10-25-2002, 10:40 AM
no go here either--maybe they are working on it or something??:(

kelblend
10-25-2002, 10:41 AM
here's what i found:

IRC Server isn't working
You might be trying to connect to an IRC Server that is currently not working. This is the most likely problem. You should try another IRC Server.

Invalid Port number
The IRC Server address might be correct but you've specified the wrong port. Most servers operate at least on port 6667, you should try that port to see if it solves the problem.

Other messages
If you try to connect to a server and get Disconnected and see the message Closing Link followed by a comment such as No Authorization, or No More Connections, etc., it might be that you're too far away geographically from that server, or that the server is full and can't handle anymore users, or there may be other reasons. You should try a different, closer IRC Server until one works for you.

Angelseyes28
10-25-2002, 10:42 AM
sniff sniff....i want chat back...dont they understand how important it is to be able to talk about pms and smoothies and all that other important stuff?!;) :p :D

Tasha405
10-25-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by angelseyes28
Oh whew...thank goodness....oh wait.....maybe i blew up mIRC!!!!:eek: :eek: {{{tash}}} :eek: Shame on you! hehehe {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Kel, mine just says it is trying to connect and then it says it couldn't or something and tries again. Umm yeah, something like that. lol {{{Kel}}}

Angelseyes28
10-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Tash mine is the same way. Said something about having trouble connecting to server:(

Ghetto_Gurl
10-25-2002, 11:02 AM
HEY i got into chat but i use trillian to get in....try that program. you can get the download from www.trillian.com

Ghetto_Gurl
10-25-2002, 11:06 AM
ok forget what i said in previous post....JUST GOT BOOTED OFF?!?!?!?!?:confused: