PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Has anyone here had chicken pox as an adult?

Talanco
10-17-2002, 06:15 PM
If you have can you tell me if this is normal: headache, high fever, dry cough, little bumps with yellow pus,sore throat?
My hubby has the chicken pox and I'm worried about him. His head hurts like right between the eyes......Is this normal?

Judy
10-17-2002, 06:27 PM
I was in my first year of nursing on the Pediatric floor when I came down with the dreaded Chicken Pox :eek:
I recall being soooo sick. Your Hubby really has to see a Dr. though. It can be bad for adults that contract it.
Don't scratch :D
It will leave scars:eek:

midniteblu2
10-17-2002, 06:43 PM
I got chicken pox when I got pregnant with my youngest son @ 17 years ago. I only got 3 pox but got terribly ill.

I then had a re-occurance of chicken pox 2 years ago & was covered in pox. I wasn't really sick that time. I was surprised that I had gotten them a second time but I was told by my doctor that since my first bout was so mild I did not get enough immunity. I am just glad it came out as chicken pox & not shingles.

suzziq03
10-17-2002, 06:50 PM
them a total of 4 times my whole life, last time was about 8 yrs ago. I had fever, red spots all over, sore throat, my head felt like it had been ran over by a freight train due to the fever and all. hope he feels better! but better get him checked out incase he has caught a comon cold or neuphonia (sp?) or something .. get well talanco's hubby!!

Talanco
10-17-2002, 06:55 PM
well I took him to the er monday night and they did a chest xray and said it was fine. He does have a dry cough now but that is all he has in that area. Im so glad to hear that his symptoms are normal. Most of his bumps have scabed over but he has these little yellow bumps that look like pimples all over his body.....I wonder if they could be from him having such a high fever so long...he had a fever of almost 103 off and on since this statred. Tonight is the first night that he has not had a temp. Thanks you guys for answering so soon. So does he sound normal to you?

suzziq03
10-17-2002, 07:05 PM
sounds normal to me!

menanamama
10-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Talanco
well I took him to the er monday night and they did a chest xray and said it was fine. He does have a dry cough now but that is all he has in that area. Im so glad to hear that his symptoms are normal. Most of his bumps have scabed over but he has these little yellow bumps that look like pimples all over his body.....I wonder if they could be from him having such a high fever so long...he had a fever of almost 103 off and on since this statred. Tonight is the first night that he has not had a temp. Thanks you guys for answering so soon. So does he sound normal to you? sounds like fever blisters or heat rash...look like little pimples...my tot gets it on her legs.....unless they ooze...they are no biggie...if they do...i would be concerned because it would not be heat rash then. hth