PDA

View Full Version : Ugh !!!!!!!!!! Kidney Stones

sea-shell
10-17-2002, 03:59 AM
I spent most of yesterday in the emergency room with a dang kidney stone. If I ever get another one of those it will be to soon! Anyone have any tips on not getting another one or what to do to prevent them? Any help would be appreciated :confused:

Jaidness
10-17-2002, 05:15 AM
depending on the cause of the stones, my advice is drink drink drink (water or whatever not alcohol) and try to cut down on calcium, especially in the pill form and or antacids. Your doctor should be able to pinpoint the cause of the stones such as calcium or ummm I forgot the other kind, but the best advice is to drink lots and lots because that helps keep the stones from being formed.(((((********))) how painful for you!

intrigued
10-17-2002, 05:32 AM
{{{{{{********}}}}}}}}} Hope you feel better soon! I have never had a kidney stone and don't want one.

Quaker_Parrots
10-17-2002, 07:49 AM
I had a friend who got them from drinking too much Diet Coke(all she ever drank, and that was her Dr's opinion) go figure

socks1211
10-17-2002, 08:14 AM
why is s e a s h e l l being stared out it is not a bad word

juliegirl78
10-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Yup, been there, done that... Just once, thankfully, but it lasted for three months. :eek: :rolleyes: If you have the stone, they can determine the cause and recommend how to prevent future ones. Hope it all works out for you! :)

Jcowgirl77
10-17-2002, 08:04 PM
I GET THEM EVERY YEAR SINCE I HAD MY FIRST CHILD 2 YRS AGO WHEN I WAS PREGO WITH MY SECOND I GOT KIDNEY STONES AND I DIDNT KNOW IT BECAUSE THEY WERENT HURTING YET WELL IT TURNED INTO A KIDNEY INFECTION MY TEMP WAS 106 MY WHITE BLOOD COUNT WAS 30,000 I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 10 DAYS I TOLD THEM IF THIS EVER HAPPENS AGAIN TO TAKE MY KIDNEY I WAS SO SICK AND NOTHING HELPED BUT Jaidness IS RIGHT YOU HAVE TO DRINK AT LEAST A HALF GALLON OF WATER A DAY OR CRANBERRY JUICE CUT BACK ON CALCIUM AND WATCH YOUR SODA IN TAKE...