PDA

View Full Version : OMG_Its S_N_O_W_I_N_G!!!!

DreamWarrior
10-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Yep you read right! Its SNOWING here in Iowa!!! Its a really fine snow, but still its snowing here... UGH I am NOT ready for this!!!!!!

Quaker_Parrots
10-16-2002, 01:20 PM
all i gotta say , is keep it to yourself, I live in Michigan, and I don't want any yet, lol. congrats(or should I say from personal thoughts, my condolenses) on the snow

DOOFIS
10-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Oh no not in October!

~MK~
10-16-2002, 01:21 PM
WOO HOO!!!! It's almost sledding season! Send it here!! Still sunny :(

wingsfan
10-16-2002, 01:24 PM
I WANT SNOW!! SEND SNOW!!:cool:

jaybird
10-16-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by wingsfan
I WANT SNOW!! SEND SNOW!!:cool:

Yea, what she said!!!!!!!

lovechild
10-16-2002, 01:30 PM
where are you?? I am in northeast iowa, Cedar falls to be exact and I just ran to the window and nothing!! I want some snow and some hot cocoa.

I can't wait for the first snowball fight!!

~MK~
10-16-2002, 01:34 PM
It's supposed to be here about 6 :D

captorquewrench
10-16-2002, 01:36 PM
snow.........yet another reason I live in Houston!

Ghetto_Gurl
10-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Dont say the S word....i hate that word and everything about it....it isnt as much fun now as it was when i was in school(hehe delay of school or cancellation!)

lisahiser
10-16-2002, 01:47 PM
I live here in Michigan near Indiana, and they are calling for SNOW! mixed with rain for Thursday and Friday!
The last time it snowed like that here, it was 6 years ago and We still had leaves on the trees and it was 2 weeks before Halloween! We had trees and branches falling all over the place, and a tree trunk fell on my truck! it took us a week to get the mess cleaned up! We had powerlines down and didn't have power for a day and a half! I don't want all that again! It can snow I don't care, but I don't want to go threw all that mess again! But I guess when you live in the snow-belt you don't have much of a choice! AHHHHHHHH! My car is going in the Garage tonight!

justbeachy
10-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Snow? I've seen it snow here in Florida 3 times in 27 years (once they had to shut down all the bridges on and off the island, there was 2 inches on the ground, wouldn't want any accidents, lol)and have went snow skiing twice. Give me the beach anyday. Although, my 7 year old is begging me to take him to "see" snow this year. Guess a raod trip is in order.:D

miccit
10-16-2002, 02:22 PM
I miss snow so bad!! I want snow!

We had snow here last year. They said it was one of the worst snow storms in the recent history. It was maybe an inch and a half of snow. That's not a snow storm! That is pathetic!!!!! They closed school and a lot of other stuff too because of it! People here are weird!

Send the snow this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flute
10-16-2002, 02:25 PM
send it here. :( I heard it's supposed to frost on friday :eek:

Widgetsx3
10-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Snow....? Snow....? Oh yeah that cold wet white stuff that falls in winter. We don't get a whole lot of that in Vegas.

MommyG3
10-16-2002, 02:33 PM
If it is already snowing up there, does that mean we are in for a good snow storm here in MS> You know we say it is snowing when we see one flake. LOL.

newwiccan
10-16-2002, 03:17 PM
I saw a little snow in the mountains last weekend. I'm ready for it as long as I still can drive.

DreamWarrior
10-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by lovechild
where are you?? I am in northeast iowa, Cedar falls to be exact and I just ran to the window and nothing!! I want some snow and some hot cocoa.

I can't wait for the first snowball fight!!

I am in north central Iowa.. near Mason City/Clear Lake... it has stopped now :) But lemme tell ya.. the weather change has played HELL on my back! I've been in pain ALLLLLLLLLLL day!!!!

chort1313
10-16-2002, 03:48 PM
NOOOOOO, I'm not ready for it!!! I need a NEW furnance! It can't snow for a couple of weeks!!!!

lovechild
10-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DreamWarrior

I am in north central Iowa.. near Mason City/Clear Lake... it has stopped now :) But lemme tell ya.. the weather change has played HELL on my back! I've been in pain ALLLLLLLLLLL day!!!!

I am so sorry about your back, I hope that it feels better 4 ya soon;) I am familiar with that area I have friends that lived in Garner and now have bought a house closer to Ventura.

ANd I haven't seen ANY of the white stuff yet!! Bummer:(

Jcowgirl77
10-16-2002, 04:51 PM
can i come over to your house and play in the SNOW

DreamWarrior
10-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Jcowgirl77
can i come over to your house and play in the SNOW

Ha! sure... as soon as it hit the ground it melted :( the ground is still too warm to hold it :(

trufflez
10-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey DreamWarrior, my son's in Forest City! No snow here yet and I'm in SE Iowa. Temp is still in the 40's!

Dragonfairie
10-16-2002, 06:20 PM
we had some snow last Saturday and the Sunday before that, may get a little tonight also. thank goodness we finally got our new heat in.

nanajoanie
10-16-2002, 06:22 PM
YUK!!!!!!!No snow early please.......We get sorta small snowfalls here in central NC. But sometimes we have overloads. Snow in our area call for closing of schools, business, factories, stores. If the word snow is on the news, 2 hours later you can't find a loaf of bread or a gal. of milk in the grocery store. The weathermen call for a 2-3 loafer or a 4-5 loafer, depending on the amount of snow - flurries or 1 inch. But before you laugh too loud, we don't have stuff like heavy snow areas..Meaning only a couple plows, borrow salt or sand for the roads.......................