PDA

View Full Version : ok this is a question that only a moron like me would ask....

Ghetto_Gurl
10-14-2002, 02:17 PM
ok question....what exactly is paypal?? and how do you sign up for it???

GuineaBaby
10-14-2002, 02:38 PM
paypal is like online money. You sign up at Paypal's (https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=W5SD2H2LQ9YMS) website. You get money sent to you or you transfer it from your bank account to there. Post your q's and I'll be glad to answer for ya!

scifiwoman
10-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Just keep in mind alot of people have had trouble with paypal.. including me. Join at your own risk. :(

jaybird
10-14-2002, 06:16 PM
I refuse to use Paypal. I have other methods to pay online. I've seen too many people have serious problems either paying with Paypal or receiving payment from someone through Paypal. Yet a lot of people use it and love it. It's just a personal decision.

www.paypal.com

I believe you still get $5 added to your account when you sign up. I also heard that Ebay 'acquired' Paypal recently.

PayPal lets any business or consumer with an email address to securely, conveniently, and cost-effectively send and receive payments online. Our network builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards to create a global, real-time payment solution. We deliver a product ideally suited for small businesses, online merchants, individuals and others currently underserved by traditional payment mechanisms.

We seek to become the global standard for online payments, offering our service to users in 38 countries including the United States. We have over 20 million registered users, including more than 3 million business accounts. Our account base is growing by an average of 28,000 accounts per day, with virtually no traditional sales or marketing.

The size of our network and widening acceptance of our product have helped us become the leading payment network for online auction websites, including eBay. PayPal is also being increasingly used at other e-commerce sites, for the sale of goods such as electronics and household items, the sale of services such as web design and travel, and the sale of digital content. Offline businesses, including lawyers, contractors and physicians, have increasingly begun to receive payments online through PayPal. PayPal's service, which lets users send payments for free, can be used from PCs or Web-enabled mobile phones.

PayPal is the 2002 SIIA Codie Awards winner for "Best eCommerce Solution" and is recognized by PC Magazine as one of "The Top 100 Web Sites."

DBackFan
10-14-2002, 07:06 PM
I have had paypal for YEARS it aseems anyway and have never had a problem. In fact they have been a lifesaver in some situations and just extremely handy in others. Good luck with your decision.