PDA

View Full Version : aol 8.0 problem

paull51878
10-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi

I just installed new aol 8.0 and every friggin time I sign on, give or take 10 seconds or so, i get kicked off, a blue screen poops up for like half a swecond so i cant even see what it says, then my pc reboots itself. Any one else dload aol 8.0 and having this problem? I cant fix it!! HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Paul

cSoReNSoN
10-13-2002, 12:42 PM
I told myself that I wouldn't download AOL 8.0 after all the problems with 7.0 but so far no problems. I just grew tired of using 4.0. I cannot imagine what the problem would be. My best advice would be to either call AOL tech support (haha we all know how helpful they are) or maybe try re-installing. I would think it would be best to uninstall the 8.0 currently on your system first before you re-install it.

FrEEbiZ4Me
10-13-2002, 12:43 PM
I downloaded 8.0 a few days ago and no problem (knock on wood) ...hope you get it worked out!

odyssey
10-13-2002, 01:09 PM
g'ees we got ours installed last night it stinks, won't open pages! Look NICE but it stinks

suzziq03
10-13-2002, 01:40 PM
I have 8.0 and like it actually!
i did have some problems after first installing it, like getting booted, but come to realize the number on the dial up was so packed that i just switched to the other one, ( thats usually what causes the booting off according to the aol reps ) and ive been fine so far. the little blue box your seeing is probably the "auto reconnect". if its checked it will try to reconnect you after loosing connection automatically although im not sure why it would reboot your computer. did you defrag after installing it? i know a lot of people have to do that, as aol does throw files arround. may give it a try if not. HTH

suziebee20
10-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Works great for me! I love all the new instant messaging features (The better icons, skins, smileys, and IM sounds)!