PDA

View Full Version : need help deciding on a winter coat

Lilpetie
10-11-2002, 05:20 AM
ok all you "Wooley Bunnies" out there. I am going to buy a new winter coat and I am planning on looking for a warm parka or something. I live in Illinois and wayyyyyyy out in the boonies. I am a nurse that works night shift so I need something in case I get stranded. I have been looking at Columbia, Cabelas, and Eddie Bauer. I would like to know if any of you have these kind of coats. I may even look for something in Gore Tex for water proofing. So please let me know which kind of coats you all think are the warmest. They are calling for a wet,cold winter here. BRRRRRRRRR.

Quaker_Parrots
10-11-2002, 05:35 AM
If you can find them, you might invest in a pair of snowmobile pants (overalls) and keep them in your vehicle, if you do get stranded, the extra warmth is nice on top of the long coat(or should I say underneath? lol)

lisahiser
10-11-2002, 06:26 AM
I go to Burlington Coat Factory ,(its an outlet store)for my coats! I found the best deals there and they have name brands, I have a great! goose down feather coat, it goes down to past my knees a couple inches and It keeps me nice and toasty!. I used it when I worked last year and the heat in my mini van wasn't the greatest and the fan went out in it and I had a 35 minute commute to work. I wasn't cold at all, well maybe my feet were a little but I wasn't smart and didn't wear boots, just stockings and heels. But I bought some spray to put on it to water-proof it and it worked great! I live here in Michigan in the Snow Belt so I know cold! and I would never leave home without this coat when the snow flies!