PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any information about antiques.

CABANN
10-10-2002, 10:48 AM
My loving husband brought home the most hidious looking lamp I have ever seen. When he placed it on are tv, the whole family had a good laugh. But the more people who see the "lamp" the more input we receive on it being an antique. Does anyone know of any links that I might be able to use to help me find more info. I have seached for an hour this morning and I can't find a exact match on this particular lamp. It is a Kellogg candlestick lamp with a red metal lamp shade. The shade looks like the type of hat the band DEVO (Whip It) use to wear. This thing is starting to grow on me and I would love to know its history. Any help would be wonderful. Thank You

2chevys
10-10-2002, 10:54 AM
I haven't a clue. I did see a story on the news that pawn dealers now are researching values for things brought to them by looking on EBAY. You might want to see if there is anything similar on sale there.

adair
10-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Try www.kovels.com and also www.tias.com
There is also www.whatsitworthtoyou.com for a small fee appraisal of an item

(a couple of yrs ago there was an online appraisor that would give one free appraisal but she no longer is doing that. I had a small vase that my husband called "The UGLY Vase" that I sent in pix for the online appraisal and it was worth $300.00...he quit calling it UGLY after that.:D )

Syrinx
10-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Have you tried the public library? There are tons of appraisal guides out there, and if you don't find one that will help you, they can order from another library.

moocher
10-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Well, I didn't have any luck either! But I did find this site-maybe you could get in touch with them and they could give you some ideas.

Good luck.

There are 3 ways to get in touch with us.

E-mail us at info@kelloggcollection.com

Call us at: 202-363-6878

or stop by one of our five locations!

http://www.kelloggcollection.com/contact/contact.html

flute
10-11-2002, 07:45 AM
http://www.antiquesandgifts.com/default.asp

This can give you some idea, to the left are some of the items she sells :)

She suggested research, find out what the item is, search ebay & see if the item's sold/what it is/what people are paying for it. If there's a signature on it, type that into a search engine/ebay & see :) :) :)

This is as seen on http://www.therobnelsonshow.com/public/categoryJ/index.asp?category_id=40 Show #1RN019

CABANN
10-11-2002, 08:20 AM
Thank You everyone for the wonderful info. As I have always said, the people on this forum are the best. I am going to check out the links you guys have posted, but I found a lamp similar on an auction site selling for $125, the only difference is they had to replace there lamp shade. So I am wondering if the lamp shade on my lamp is the original one. I stil have yet to find one, but with all your help I think I will be on the right track. I just want to know the history of it, this lamp is a great conversation piece. It is ugly, but it has grown on me. Oh yeah on the back of it, it says it was made March 1907. Thanks again for all of your help.

~MK~
10-11-2002, 08:57 AM
My husband used to have an antique shop..maybe he could help.